Chapter 12 - Planning

Ryder's p.o.v

I really, really like her. Cupcake is the perfect girl for me. I want to ask her out, but Amber told me in our Talk not to push it, not to go too fast. Still, I'm tired of waiting! I want her to be my girlfriend. I know I have to make it special for her. The more special and loved she feels, the more likely she'll say yes. I think I'll ask Amber for help. She knows Cupcake better than any of us, so she should be able to help me figure out a perfect "Date Night" scenario for when I'll pop the question. I'll text her and we can discuss ideas here.

R: Hey amber can you come to my house like now

A: sure ryder u want me to bring the gang

R: no don't bring them especially lily

A: what r u planning

R: I'll tell u when u get here I just need ur help

A: K see u in 5

                                                                           ***

"So you're planning to ask Lily out, huh?" Amber said the moment she walked in. My jaw dropped. "How'd you know?" She smirked. "I can see it on your face, Ryder. It's kinda obvious." I rolled my eyes and we got down to business. "Gimme a pencil and paper, and I'll make a list of what Lily likes." I gave her the supplies she needed, and she started writing.

                                                                                ***

After a few minutes, Amber was done. She showed me her list, and it looked like this:

Lily's likes:

Carnivals

Cafés

Singing

Dancing

Art

Sketching

Volleyball

Romantic stuff

Donuts and other junk food

The beach

The ocean

Sea turtles

New hairstyles

The spa

Romance movies

Books

The song Remedy by Adele

Hmm. We looked over her list, but nothing popped out at me. Amber didn't have any ideas, either. Somehow, doing just one of the things on the list seemed so wrong. I'd have to combine several of her likes in order to feel satisfied. But how? What could I do to make her feel happy and loved? Hmmmm...............

Suddenly I was struck with the perfect idea! I could take her to the beach for the night, set up a romantic dinner on the water with donuts and other good food, and play Remedy. Maybe I could sing to Remedy, too! Then, after the song ended, I could ask her. It's perfect! I quickly broached the idea to Amber. She was enthusiastic about the plan, and encouraged me to go for it.

I'm excited, but nervous. I can't wait to do these things and ask Cupcake out, but at the same time I'm afraid of what she'll say. I haven't even considered what I'll do if she says no. I don't have a plan in place for if she turns me down. I'm counting on her saying yes. I think it'd break my heart if she refused me. I'm trying to stay positive. I hope with all of my heart that she'll say yes.