Rookies X Flunkies X My target

We arrived at a big building with grand stairs and stone-like pillars. I stared astonishedly at the building from the car window. How can a place this big be so hard to find? 

"We're here." The man said as he pulled up in front of a restaurant.

My face puffed up. "This is no time to stop and eat." I was already thinking of ways to kill this guy.

"Relax, did you honestly think the Hunter Exam was going to be somewhere that stands out?"

     I never thought of how important this exam was and how hidden it had to be from everyone.

"Anyway, you should give me the paper, and I'll go in first. Just to make sure it's real, you stay in the truck."

     I felt panic. If I refuse, this dope will figure out my suspicion. The smell of the explosive powder increased as I thought of a way to keep his guard down.

"Okay, here you go," I say handing him the note.

     He opened the note then revealed a cynical grin. He then exited the truck locking all doors behind him.

"I'll be right back, Atropa Belladonna." He laughed.

     He stopped in front of the restaurant and began dialing on his phone. I rolled my eyes at the fact that I was the target of an amateur. It would be exciting if he were a professional. I opened the sunroof carefully and slipped through the opening.

"Yeah, I got her locked up in the truck full of explosives," he said with pride. "All I gotta do is push this button." He took a small remote from his pocket and seemed to be showing it to the phone.

"Thanks for telling me," I say as I sneaked up behind him and placed the tip of my knife at his neck. He gasped and began to sweat.

"How did y..." he started, but I dug a bit of the tip of the knife into his flesh, leaving a trail of blood down his neck.

"Make a sound, and I'll slice your head off," I threatened. "Now, march over to the truck and get inside."

     He began to tremble and continued to sweat rapidly. I kept my knife pointing at him as we walked up to the truck. Suddenly,  he stopped and swung his leg towards me, knocking the blade out of my hand. He pulled out a weirdly shaped dagger and pointed it at me. I raised my hands up in defeat to make him think that he had the upper hand.

"This could've been so much easier if you'd stayed in the truck." He said.

"Yes, it would have." I glared at him giving him a deadly look.

"Stop that!" He yelled then raised his dagger in a stabbing position. "I'll kill you!" Isn't that what you were already trying to do?

     I stood there staring at him with an emotionless expression. He began to twitch and dropped his dagger.

"What's... happening to me..." He gasped as his knees quivered.

     I ran towards him and kicked his chest sending him flying into the truck. I shut the door and locked them with his car keys then showed him the small remote that activated the bombs.

"You freak!" He coughed up blood and gasped for air, "what did you do to me!"

"Listen to me carefully," I say getting closer to the window. "You have two choices either let the poison kill you slowly and painfully or..." I threw the remote through the sunroof, which landed on his chest. "...die quickly by blowing yourself up."

"How can you say that with a straight face!" he shouted.

     I turned around and walked towards the restaurant, ignoring his remarks. With practice, I answered him in my head as I entered the restaurant. A man, who seemed to be an employee, greeted me.