On a Blimp X Get the Ball X Stow away Beware

Kurapika's POV

     My body quivered as I tried to lift Mai off, but my muscles were still disabled. Leorio had already rushed to my side, then checked Mai's pulse as if by natural instinct. He sighed of relief after receiving satisfactory heartbeats from her.

"Here, let me get her." He says hoisting Mai off of me, then cradled her in his arms. "She's out cold. Poor thing must be exhausted."

     Even with Mai off me, I still felt a heavy weight on my chest since I knew that Leorio was bound to ask questions. Slowly, I was able to progress some movement in my arms, then my legs. I turned my head left then right, left then right again testing my limits of mobility. As I did these exercise, I caught a glimpse at Leorio stroking Mai's cheek softly.

"Hey, Kurapika?" Leorio's voice cracked a bit, "why do you think kids like Mai, Gon, and Killua would even be taking the Hunter Exam... and risk their lives. Rather than just be ordinary kids."

"I'm not certain of the answer, but.." I say raising my upper body to a sitting position, "I'm sure they must have a reason for their choice."

"Yeah, I-" he was curtailed by Mai's sudden fidgeting.

     She squirmed in Leorio's arms, almost making him drop her.

"No..." She says still stirring from one side to another,  "... I won't..."

"Hey Mai, snap out of it." Leorio gently shook her. Unexpectedly, she obeyed. Her body tensed.

     I was on my feet, still feeling a bit dazed, but I managed to stand next to Leorio. Like a cobra, Mai grabbed onto Leorio's tie and clutched it as she mumbled. Her other hand quickly got ahold of my clothing, not giving me any time to react.

"Mom... Dad..." She struggled to say each word, "I'm... I'm sorry."

     We gave each other a questioning look, then returned our attention to the despaired child.

"I'm sorry, I lied." She spoke clearer now, "She didn't do it... I did."

     Her grip loosened until they dropped and she was again in a sound slumber. What could she possibly mean?

"I think we should let her rest," Leorio commented. "Let's go back."

"I agree, let's go," I responded.

~~~~~~~~~~

Mai's POV

     I did it... I finally faced the truth. After many dreams and illusions, this one felt the most realistic yet. Muh didn't kill my parents, I did.

     I was drifting off into a dark abyss until I reached a scene that was all too familiar.

"What happened here?" an officer asks my master, who back then I knew as my uncle, looking around the bloody massacre.

"Well, officer I'm not sure who might've called you, but I assure you this is a common thing here." My uncle says in a soothing tone.

     The chief raised his brow in concern. A few other officers were going around taking pictures and writing down notes. I, on the other hand, was cowering under the dinner table, hiding from the assassin who had done this to my parents. Back then, I didn't want to admit it because I feared that my uncontrollable bloodlust would overpower me once again.

"Why don't you come in so that we may chat in private." My uncle escorted the officer into a room.

     Moments later the chief officer exited the room completely pale with a look of death in his eyes. He quickly gathered his troops and afterward, we were never bothered by them again.