Path X to be X Ignored

"I can't let him do this!" Leorio marched forward, only to be stopped by Kurapika.

     Oh boy, I'm a bit worried. The spikes on the old man's knuckles shined as if mocking me. 'Here we come' I imagined them saying. Even so, I stood still and held a firm stance as I waited for the impact.

"You could beg for mercy you know?" His voice cawed a bit as he raised his fist.

"No way!" I responded trying to hide the sense of panic in my throat. "Go for it! If you're manly enough." All he cares about is his ego; I bet he would beat unsuspecting victims until they cried uncle or died. What a coward.

    He didn't respond; instead, the old geezer shot his arm straight to me sending the barbs towards my head. It took every ounce of energy I had not to flinch or gasp because I knew what was going to happen next. As I managed to open my eyes, the point of the middle spike pricked my cheek. Then all that force was gone.

     I looked up to find a pale senior, who appeared to have lost every breath. His eyes were frozen, then his whole body violently shook as foam appeared on the corners of his mouth. The thorn that was attached to my cheek slid down as his arm dropped. My cheek burned due to the opening of the cut left behind.

"What is happening to me?" He wheezed.

     In an instant, when the shackles freed my feet, I dashed behind him and placed a blade at his back to reassure him I wasn't bluffing.

"Listen here old man," I whispered in a menacing tone. "You can either surrender and end your pain or wait until you go unconscious and never wake up."

"What is she whispering to him?" I heard one of the guys mumble. From their point of view, I'm only behind the old man whispering. Perspective is another skill I use when assassinating. I can kill this man without letting the guys even see that I touched him.

"You're bluffing." His voice exposed his loss of strength. "You do not have the round objects to kill me."

"Oh? But I already have." I answered, placing my weapon back in my sleeve. "You're not a man. You are a coward. Just an old man who loves to use his strength to mask his fears. What are you afraid of? Being weak, accepting that your time is up, or perhaps realizing that without your brutality you are nothing. Only a wrinkly hot heat trapped by his fears." I hardly try to get into my victims' heads, but he was an open book.

"Shut your mouth!" He growled, "I am not going to put up with your cra..."

     I swung a punch at him, knocking the old man to the ground. In which, he didn't get back up. "It was my turn." I squatted down to check his pulse. Still alive. "I guess, I win."

     My eyesight became fuzzy again. You know you want to kill the old geezer.

"No..." I grunted. Are you sure that you weren't talking about yourself? Muh's voice buzzed in my head.

     I hadn't noticed that a pair of other prisoners were in the arena dragging the unconscious man. When he was carried out, another prisoner walked onto the platform. A feminine scent reached my nose, and her hands were small delicate figures.

"There is now a tie. This match will determine if you move on or not."

     Great! I'd love to leave this place. It's getting on my nerves. These fights are useless, and they haven't done anything but test my patience. No killing. What a dumb idea- I stopped my thoughts. Does that mean I enjoy killing? No! Yes? I groaned aloud.

     The prisoner then giggled, almost like a child. "Kill me."

"What?" I stuttered, her comment catching me off guard.