Final X Exam X Approaches

The cold water welcomed me with opened arms, surrounding me until I was completely underwater. I could stay beneath the water as long as an hour or two, three with some influence. Being submerged in the lake was somewhat peaceful, and it almost allowed me to forget about the bad things that awaited me on the surface. Fantasy time is over, now for reality.

     I began to swim back to surface. Killua was already by my side when I crawled out of the water, having my clothes dripping all over. Here comes the nagging. I thought to myself waiting for Killua to rant on about me not listening to him and I hope he does because I feel like yelling at him too.

"Good idea on jumping into the water." He said merely extending his hand.

"Well, that'll show you that I can take care of myself!" I protested by accident before realizing what he said. "Wait, really?" Isn't he mad at me?

"Yeah, after you fell in the lake, the bees flew away." He said, placing his hands in his pockets.

"Wow, thanks, Killu.. u... ACHOO!" I sneezed, then sniffled.

"Oh great, you're catching a cold." Killua sounded annoyed. "You need to take off your wet clothes."

Okay, if you say so...

     It was getting dark, so there was a colder atmosphere in the air making goosebumps appear on my skin as I removed my shirt and pair of shorts. Leaving only the tank top I made since I knew Killua would probably freak out if I had removed all of my clothes. And speaking of freaking out.

"What are you doing!?!" He yelled covering his red face as he turned around. "Don't take your clothes off in front of me!"

"Huh?" I questioned, trying to take off the last piece of garb. I giggled, "Well if you're too much of a child to ignore me then just turn around."

"I am turning around!" His voice shook of embarrassment. "And why don't you change behind a tree or something. Why out here in the open!"

"Because it doesn't matter to me. I'm not embarrassed by it." I answered honestly. "How about instead of making this a big deal, we go out and find some branches to start a fire. It's getting a bit cold."

"Fine, but you're coming with me." Killua pouted still not able to look at me. "Who knows what kind of creepy perverts are out there."

     I found his statement sweet, but it also angered me. Does he still not think that I can take care of myself? "Whatever," I say walking in front of him.

"Oops," I said as I tripped on purpose.

     He grumbled then marched ahead of me after he saw me snicker. As Killua went for firewood, I sneaked away from him and searched for an empty area to prepare for the fire. When I arranged the rocks in a circle and placed dry grass in it, I heard a twig snap behind me. My body flinched as I tried to listen for breathing or a heartbeat. Nothing...

"Killua?..." I sheepishly spoke in a quiet manner. Shoot! I don't have anything on me. I thought to myself as I searched for my weapons.

     What's going on? This feeling is so weird. I'm... I'm...

     Suddenly a wave flowed through me, making my body completely tense; almost to the point of being immobilized. I shook violently, and my teeth clattered as many chills swept through my arms. Oh, no. I know what's wrong with me. I'm afraid!

     Fear paralyzed me. There was a dangerous threat in the air and was aimed at me.

"Who... who's out... there!" My voice broke in between words. "Show yourself!"