Desperate Souls

A few weeks later...

He had to stop. He had to. But he couldn't. She was all he thought about. Emma. Her name did things to him which should not be possible. She had settled down in the crew now, and they had routine to keep her act up. He would ask for a bath in his room and let her wash whilst he took guard making sure no one would ask questions or see what she was doing, but always having his eyes closed to keep her privacy, after all he was a gentlemen. And he liked it. The secrecy of it all. But most of all he liked the time he spent with her. And what he loved the most, was when they were in his cabin, him telling her stories of piracy and seeing her eyes light up with wonder. And whenever he made a flirty comment she would blush profusely, and it was a sight to behold. One he would never tire of. Not that he would tell her of course.

Tonight was the annual drinkfest aboard the ship, one night where no one is working and alcohol is a must have. It normally ends up in some drunken fight and a lot of money lost at gambling games. And that's the reason it's only one night a year. It doesn't end well. But it is still a break for the exasperating work aboard the ship when there is no harbours in view. Everyone always had their spirits high on this day, and today was no different, with some whistling while they worked. Oh tonight was going to be eventful, Hook just knew it.

~

She'd be lying if she said it was easy work being a pirate, but she somehow still loved it. She wasn't sure if it was all the fresh air she was getting or the way the ship glides through the sea beautifully calm. She does miss her old life, who wouldn't, being a princess did have its perks. But she knows if she hadn't have left, she would have been married off by now and be living with a stranger. This life was certainly better in that aspect. She was completely free, with only the sea surrounding her. One of the things Emma loved the most was her relationship with the captain, if you could call it that. He was a completely different person without the crew around, and when he smiles with her it's genuine and none of that smugness he conveys, it was just pure. And something she longed for whenever they were near each other.

~

As night fell, work stopped and alcohol and chairs were brought onto the deck and the festivities began. As the alcohol, mainly rum, was passed around, Emma realised that with her sheltered life meant that she had never drank before. When the rum got to her, Hook gave her a questioning look but she paid no attention and swallowed the beverage, trying not to choke on the burning sensation, she did not want to look weak in front of the crew, she was already the lowest in the food change, she did not want to be a laughing stock as well. But she couldn't help but choke and cough, clearly not expecting it to be so strong.

Once her shot was done, she tried to piece herself back together, looking around and seeing that no one saw her terrible attempt because they were already too drunk to see straight. That was except the Captain of course, and he couldn't stop smirking, once the the rum got to him, he downed his shot with ease, god damn his arrogance. This night was going to be interesting.

Shot after shot, the more she had, the easier it was to swallow and even enjoy. But she knew she had had too much, what with her barely able to think straight, let alone stand. Emma was now siting alone, looking out at the sea, holding a bottle of rum, just admiring the view. That was until a body got in the way

"Hey, yo-ur block-ing my vie-w..."

"Love, I think you've had too much to drink, let's get you inside" She knew immediately who it was, Hook.
"No-pe" Emma said, somewhat confidently, knowing however that she probably couldn't even stand in her current condition.

"Everyone one else has some what retired," if you count dragging them to their beds once they had collapsed. "I'll help," Hook looped his arm around Emma's to try and help her up but resorted to using both arms to support her while walking slowly to his cabin.

"Your my hero, Captain Hook"

He couldn't help, but smile. Drunk Emma was a sight, and a beautiful one at that. After a few moments she perks up again.

"What kind of name is Hook anyway, who would name a child that"

"Well, love, that's not actually my name" Her drunk state meant that her jaw dropped at that statement, trying to look at his face for the answer.

"Well then what is?"

"Killian.. Killian Jones" This was the first time in years he had ever said it out loud. It felt unfamiliar on his tongue.

"Killian...hmm I like it" Oh how he will never forget the way she says his name, too heavenly, making him want to hear it from her mouth again and again. As they just about managed to get inside his cabin he tried to sit her on his bed but she was being very stubborn. Refusing to sit, she would much rather be held by his strong arms.

"Come on, Emma, let's get you into the bed"

"But..this isn't my bed" Only just realising where she was.

"I know but I can't leave a damsel in distress all alone can I"

"Nope"

"You know, Killian" Oh he really did love how she said his name.

"What do I know, Emma?"

"This is the first time I've had alcohol"

"Ahh that, I had guessed, but who was I to tell a lady what to do"

"A lady..." Emma burst into laughter. "I like that"

''Come on love, let's get you under the covers, and then you can sleep off the rest of the rum"

"Hmm, s'okay"

Once she was settled, it didn't take long for her to fall asleep, with Killian opting to sleep on his rather uncomfortable chair next to the bed.

~

I really enjoyed writing this Chapter, drunk Emma is always fun! Hope everyone likes this chapter! If you did feel free to comment or vote for this chapter. ;)