2

-

"Why is he such an asshole?" I blatantly asked, watching Laurie tap the 'end call' button on her phone before locking it and stuffing it in her bra.

"I don't even know. Does he really think getting drunk is some type of revenge from him to me? I don't give a shit about what he does, hell, I don't give a shit about him. We're strangers for gods sake." She fixed the invisible strap on her strapless black dress. I watched a sequin fall to her feet. I didn't bother telling her about it, I didn't really care about Laurie's well being either. We were just acquaintances.

Was he really an asshole, or was it her? I was beginning to feel bad for him that he was stood up, but yet again, it wasn't my problem.

"Hey-" I mumbled, trying the muster up the courage to tell my new group of "friends" that I was going to the bathroom. The truth was- I was afraid of them. Afraid that if I made one wrong move, I would get rumors being spread about me left and right. Yes, seniors do apparently still care. It's like middle school all over again.

I eventually gave up on letting them know I would be right back. Hell, like they'd notice anyways.

I made my way to the bathroom, my mind focused on what I was going to do after this. I didn't come with a date, and I had just met these girls there. I would probably just go home and dick around on my laptop. I mean I had to go right? It would suck to miss prom.

I pushed the door open, stepping into the bathroom. I closed my eyes and sighed, relieved to be alone. I opened my eyes to see urinals lined up in front of me.

My eyes darted around, to a boy who's head was rising up from the sink. His eyes widened. He backed up on the counter and jumped on it, running his fingers through his hair.

"Oh god I'm sorry..."

"It's okay." He smirked a bit, laughing. His hand slipped into the sink, making his whole body slant to the side. He lifted his hand up quickly, while I tried to hold in a laugh.

I noticed the tears forming in his eyes.

"Are you crying??" I asked. He wiped his eyes off and shook his head no.

"No, no. It was just the sink." He cleared his throat. Getting up from the counter, he walked past me and out the door.

I then realized I was in the boys' bathroom, and that I needed to get the fuck out of there. I walked out and rushed past him, rubbing shoulders on accident.

"Sorry..." I mumbled quietly. I ducked my head through an array of streamers and went straight to my car. I was getting bored, and the dance wasn't exactly as exciting as I imagined.

Just as I began to back out my car, I hit something. I felt my whole car come to a stop, the crash sending my body upward to hit the dashboard. I rubbed my head and looked back at the front of a Buick.

Fuck me.