5

-

I sighed, throwing my body onto my bed, springs creaking. How could I make enough money to fix the damage on my car? No amount of money can fix the amount of collateral damage I did on that girl.

Eh fuck it.

I rummaged through my droor, pulling out my sketchbook and finishing up the drawing I was working on last night. Also thinking of the car, multitasking.

The cars were already towed- I stayed for that. That's money. I got a ride from Garrett. You think he'd be kind enough to take it as a nice favor, but no, he charged me 40 damn dollars. I already have the job of working as a clerk for Walmart. It pays fine, since I don't pay rent. Being a junior while earning money was easy up until now. The money was either for gas, or just to blow. My job does embarrass me though, I run into a lot of people I know there. I've even ran into Laurie before.

My mom opened my door, scanning me. Her eyes clenched shut, fingers pinching her face. She had said nothing to me ever since I came home. It's not like this ordeal was my fault.

"Night. 'M goin' to bed." She mumbled through her lips.

I nodded, letting her shut my door before I pulled out a 6-pack of Miller Lite from under my bed. This was me getting drunk, my 'revenge' to Laurie. I cracked open the lid on the first can, tilting my head and taking a long sip before burping and setting it onto my nightstand. I went back to drawing.

I wasn't bad at it. I had won a ton of awards throughout the years starting in 8th grade. Easily making the advanced art club. Not telling anybody that I'm in the advanced art club in fear of embarrassment. Doing about 50 requests from my friends so they'd have something cool to hang up on their walls or something like that. It was just a hobby.

I grabbed the can and chugged it, pulling another one from under the plastic ring it was held in. I chunked the old can out the window, actually making the trash can. I cheered for myself while I quickly drank the second one.

My phone rang, scaring the shit out of me. I flinched back, causing the can to jerk back with me. Beer trickled down my chin. I wiped it off with the sleeve of my white button up shirt (now unbuttoned). My hand was cold from the can, but I switched it into my other hand and answered the phone.

"Hellooo?" My voice droned into the phone.

Garret's voice echoed throughout my ears. I think I was a little drunk now.

"After party man. Come to my house."

The laughing and yelling voices behind Garrett's revealed that it was totally an after party. There was probably beer. I was actually scared I would blow through my now 4-pack... so why not go? Might take my mind off of the car situation.

"I'm there, I'll be walking."

He chuckled and hung up the other end.

I took my pencil and shaded the last part of my drawing. I was sober enough to finish it at least. I opened my window and slipped out into the night, throwing the pack of beer down to the 2-story house. I watched the cans bust open beneath me. The beer began to fizz out of them. Bad move. Now my turn. My nice black dress shoes squeaked, stepping down the pipe leading up to my house one foot at a time. My feet hit the grass, and I began sprinting, leaving the beer. I wanted another one, and I was dizzy as hell. Probably looked like an idiot running. Oh well.

Garrett lives a block or two away. We have been best friends ever since kindergarten. It wasn't hard to get there, I used to ride my bike there every day after school. To play video games of course. Now it was to listen to him talk about the number of girls he's hooked up with (definitely a fake number), and to drink.

Passing Rose-end street, my feet rounded the corner to his coldesac. His house was in my vision now. A monstrous two story lit up out of all windows, crowded with cars, people, and trash. His parents would FLIP OUT, but they were away on a trip to Cabo. My mind gravitated towards the thought of a fridge full of beer. It was kind of a nasty taste, but I liked it. The way it made me feel.

I stopped to take a breath and watch the scene. Suddenly, my eyes darted to a car a few girls were getting out of.

Shit.

Rhiannon's eyes locked with mine.