Chapter 1

Alexandria was typically a quiet town, one where you could almost forget the world had gone to hell. I liked that. I liked not worrying about whether I would wake up in the morning or not. I liked knowing that people were gonna be there to look out for me no matter what. A smile played on my lips as I watched a couple of the kids chase after each other in a playful game of tag. I hadn't been here long but something about this little town felt like home to me. Was it the safety? The normalness? My eyes fell upon the man who had found me.

Daryl Dixon. Something about him made me smile, even though the man would never even give me the time of day. He hated me, with an odd passion that I would never understand. I mean I never gave him any reason to hate me! Besides stealing his truck full of food. And sinking it. And almost shooting him. But I saved his life in that last scenario.

"You know if you don't want people to know you like Daryl make it less obvious you're staring at him." I turned to see Glenn smirking at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm not staring at him. I'm uh..." I racked my brain for an excuse. Quickly my eyes fell on a large tree full of  flowers, "admiring that gorgeous tree." He laughed at me and i growled slightly.

"God where was that one when we were at the farm." He chuckled. I raised my eyebrow in confusion and he just shook his head. "Never mind. Point is you're obvious. How the hell the man hasn't noticed yet is beyond me. Must be too buy planning for the next run."

"Run? You mean like for supplies, right?"

"Yes for supplies. Why?" He questioned. I shrugged my shoulders and returned my gaze to Daryl packing a car with  food and water. Rick was helping him load the car carefully. "Don't do it." I turned to look at the little Asian.

"Do what?" I questioned innocently. He knew what I was planning but there a slight chance he didn't.

"Don't try to talk them into letting you go on a run. It's dangerous out there and..."

"Like I wouldn't know. I used to go out there all the time you know. It was my job back at Hilltop. Remember? Finding groups and helping people out there. That was normal for me."

"And your dumbass sunk a truck literally full of food last time you did. Yeah. Don't do it." He just had to bring  that up didn't he?

"Fine I won't do it." I complied annoyed by his distrust in me.

"Do you promise? Honestly, promise?" He asked holding out his hand. I shook his hand reluctantly and he smiled at me. "Good. Now I got work I need to go do before someone gets worried. Most likely Maggie."

"Alright. Have fun Glenn." I smile at him. He nodded and started to walk away. He stopped before he got too far and turned to look at me with a look that only held sadness. 

"Oh and not to burst your bubble but I really don't think he, you know, swings that way." He explained. It sounded like he really didn't want to bring up that little fact. I knew that. I knew Daryl probably wouldn't even spare a guy like me a second glace without reason. Hope is a rare thing in this world anymore though. I needed to keep that slight hope that maybe he would spare me that second glance. Maybe even swing that way. If not I guess calling him a friend is better than him ignoring me. I chose to smile at Glenn and hide that I had already considered this fact.

"Probably not. Good thing I don't like him." I lied. He rolled his eyes at me.

"I thought Jesus didn't lie." He joked.

"That's Abraham Lincoln. I thought Asians were supposed to be smart." I chuckled. He just laughed in return.

"I guess I'm not like most Asians then. Good luck man." He saluted me playfully. I just laughed and waved him off. He laughed again and walked off. Probably to check on Maggie. As he turned the corner I looked at the two men loading the car. Should I listen to Glenn or... Why am I even thinking about this? I walked over to them slowly. I could use a little adventure anyway.  As I got closer to the duo Daryl's eyes lifted up look at me.

"What do ye want?" The redneck scowled at me. My heart dropped a little bit at his harsh words. At that moment Rick came from behind the car and smiled at me.

"Jesus! Hey, we could use help loading up the car. Lend us a hand?" He enthused. I faked a smile.

"Of course Rick." I followed him to gather more supplies for their run . "So I came over to talk to you guys about maybe me going on this run with you guys. I'm getting tired of routine and need some action."

"No." Daryl immediately spat at me angrily.  I tried to hide my hurt and ignore him.

"I don't know Jesus. The cars gonna be packed with supplies. I don't think we can fit another man in the ca." Rick reasoned. I nodded in understanding, "However maybe we can squeeze you in."

"What? We don't need him sinking our shit in a lake again." Daryl argued.

"We can always use another man out there Daryl. Besides he has the skills to really help us out there." Rick calmly explained. Daryl huffed and stormed off in the other direction. I watched him slam the door as he entered their house. "Ignore him. He's just being Daryl. Come on. Lets get this stuff loaded so we can head out tomorrow morning."

"Sounds good." I mumbled and got to work filling the car. Why is it only me he's like this with?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. sooooooooo I got annoyed with no fanfics for my newest ship (Jesus and Daryl) so i said screw it and made my own. Full control people! So what do think of it so far?

 Ill try update a lot more often then my other story (which hasn't been updated in months. shhh ill work on that in a bit) ANYWAY ill try to make Saturdays the normal upload day however due to a demanding schedule this may not always be the case. If this fanfiction does well maybe Ill start some for some of my other fandoms with not a lot of love. for example....

peculiar children

maximum ride

znation

and maybe some ships that I believe would be great but others don't really see it like I do. *cough* Warren and Vasquez *cough cough* vote and comment on this story! show your friends! make it known!