Chapter 13

Daryls POV

"Oh Mr. Dixon," the man circled around me swinging a large gun. "What made you think you could actually get away with all of this?" I watched him with anger burning in my veins. He chuckled a little bit and leaned down next to me. 

"Damn, you really thought you could? Ain't that a bitch?" He shook his head and stood up straight staring at me. "You're not the first one to try man. But you might just be my favorite one. I mean come on. You put not only your life but your friends lives in danger for some dirty fag." I launched myself at him and managed to get in a quick punch to the jaw before some of his guard dogs pulled me back.

"Don't talk about him like that," I growled trying to pull out of my restraints. Jason smirked and wiped away the blood on his lip before smirking at me. He stepped closer slowly never letting his evil grin fall from his face.

"You're about to wish you never did that asshole," he whispered before bringing a fist to my jaw. The impact made me see stars for a second but I could't let him see that. Jesus needed me and wasn't gonna let this prick keep me from him. I spit out a mouthful of blood at his feet.

"Is that all you got?" I challenged him as a boot went straight into my gut.  The already dark setting seemed to fade from my vision. My mind raced in a million directions as I thought about what was going on. I squeezed my eyes shut trying to get my mind back on the right track.

"All of this for somebody you probably wont see ever again? It seems kind of silly. And lashing out like that," He chuckled before bending down next to me and forcing me to look at him. "You could've just stayed quiet, nobody had to get hurt. But now. Now I have to hurt somebody. Otherwise those kind folks inside those walls are not going to respect me. They're gonna think I'm a joke. They're gonna try to rebel like your dumbass just did and we can't have that." He let go of me and pushed me to the ground roughly. Small rocks scratched at the palm of my hands. I looked up at the man threatening everybody I loved. In this world nobody was safe but now they were in more danger. 

"Tie him up men. We got a town to take. Let the dead take care of him," Jason ordered while his guard dogs pulled me to a nearby tree.  I tried pulling away but was met with no victory. I had to get to them. To Jesus. To Glenn, Maggie, Rick, Carl, Carol, everyone. They were all gonna pay for what I did. I couldn't let that happen.

Jesus's POV

I hid at the edge of the bonfire, just barely in the brush watching Daren wander around the area. Every now and then someone would make their way over to ask what happened. Daren would sometimes twist this tale of me escaping and fighting hard while sometimes he would pull them close explaining the plan in hushed tones. Many would nod along agreeing with every word. Others would simply run off. They never got far though, Daren was quick and took them out without missing a beat. He said we didn't need rats telling on us.

I watched carefully as more recruits joined our little force. Some strong, some weak. Some small, some giant. It was a group of people tired of other people putting them at the bottom. A hand hovered over my shoulder making me turn slightly to a giant. The fire illuminated the smile in his eyes.

"You're doing a good there man," He whispered. "It might not feel like we're all 100% on board but once it all breaks down you'll have an army of pent up anger and resentment. We don't look like much. Maybe that will be our greatest strength. Thank you." I nodded to the man smiling.

"There's not many humans left in this world. It's not worth it to kill each other when we can instead help each other. There's so much hate that I just don't understand it." I explained quietly turning back to Daren recruiting someone new. Their hands were very animated as they discussed our plan in detail. My smile broadened. "But we're going to fix that. We're going to be the ones that work together with out strengths rather than tear them down." The man chuckled.

"That's one hell of a goal for someone so small. There must be something really important for you to work this hard." Daryl's smile was the only thing on my mind. I had to get back to him and make sure he was safe. Helping these men was just bonus at the boss round.

"Yeah, There is something pretty important." I smiled.The man patted my back before thanking me once again and leaving me be. It was going to be one heck of a ride helping these people but it was going to be more than worth it when I had new friends to stand by Alexandria and fight for it. 

"Jason!" My eyes snapped just in time to watch the man talking to Daren run off shouting for the leader.  

"God damn it Ken," Daren grumbled chasing after him and sinking his knife into the back of his skull. We didn't have enough people yet. We can't take him on. My heart raced with a million ways this could go wrong. Daren ran his hands through his hair a bit before walking over to me.

"What are we going to do? We don't have enough men," I whisper yelled.

"You dont think I know that. We're just gonna need a new plan. Please tell me you got something," He begged.

"Unless one of your men can shoot a man between the eyes from a tree no I don't have a thing," I groaned falling to the ground and letting my head fall into my hands.

"I don't but you do." Daren mumbled. I looked up at him confused. Who do I have? Glenn? well maybe. Maggie could gun down an army if you pissed her off. Rick could clear a ward of walkers if he's mad enough. Carl might be able to if we give him the right gun. 

"What in the world are you talking about?" I asked.

"Your archer. The man has accuracy and enough motive to take Jason out. I've seen it." Daren explained carefully. 

"Problem. Jason has him. How are we going to get him back to have him take out Jason?" I leaned back a little waiting for an answer.

"Ken! What do you want? I was busy interrogating our little archer friend." Jason called.

"Don't matter, We gotta find a way and fast." Daren said stepping back to the bonfire. 

"What in the world happened here?" Jason shouted stepping close to the flame. 

I'm not sure man. I left to take a leak and heard Kenny here yell. Came back and he was dead. Must've been one of them people from that town." Daren lied flawlessly. 

"Well, we can't leave 'im here. Let's take him to the truck with the others. Can't have him rotting and attracting the dead." Jason mused stepping closer to the body before looking around a bit. "Wait where did our little beanie baby go?"

"He got away. Trashed the place and even threatened me with a knife. I don't know where he got the sudden burst of energy but he's gone now." Daren explained moving his hands to interact with the story.

"Uh huh. And which way did he take off to?" Jason asked pulling his gun out slowly.Daren pointed the opposite way of me making Jason shoot some bullets that way. My heart stopped as the man laughed. "Hopefully those dead out there get him 'fore I do. Cause that asshole is gonna wish he was dead."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note

Sorry it has been forever since I updated. School, work and cheer have been utter chaos for me but now I have a study hall I can work on this and a new computer at home. So HOPEFULLY updates will be more frequent. Thank you all so much for bearing with me! Let me know what you think and don't be afraid to comment and vote for my story because hearing from you guys keeps me motivated to keep on writing.  See ya'll next update!