Chapter 8

Daryl's POV

A few walkers pushed out of the doors roughly. RIck and I were quick to take them out, pushingour knives into their skulls forcefully. It took about 15 minutes to get kill all of the walkers wwithout trouble.

"That was a lot better than last time." Jesus joked.

"Damn right." I chuckled stepping into the store. It was hazy in the store due to lack of light. The dust all over the front window made it dark inside and hard to look around. I squinted hoping to notice something useful on the shelves. Bandages, ibuprofen, neosporin. This was all medical supplies that could be used back at alexandria. I quickly opened my bag and stuffed in everything I could grab. it was much but it was better than nothing. I Slipped into the next aisle carefully when I heard a quiet sound nearby. My hand slid to my side to grab my huntin knife. I tiptoed closer to the sound silently and cautiously. My eyes searched around for anything that could be the owner of the noise.

"What the hell are you doin here?" A voice sounded a few aisles down.

"My group. We were just looking for supplies. We didn't know anyone was here." Jesus? Shit. I crept over to the aisle that held Jesus and the other person. I peered over the edge of a shelf and saw someone with a gun pointed at a terrified Paul "Jesus" Monroe.

"Well there are. Now hand over the stuff." The attacker demanded cocking his gun.  I lifted my crossbow silently and aimed for the strangers head.

"We can't do that. Our people need this stuff. We have children who are sick." Rick defended Jesus. The stranger laughed at Ricks words like they were the best joke in the world. 

"I don't give a shit how you're children are doin'. It's a dog eat dog world and right now you're lookin' to be out of it."  He lifted his gun and seemed to carefully aim it at Jesus. My arrow whizzed through the air and effortlessly slid through the back of his head.  He stood standing for a few seconds before falling forward.  I stood up and walked over to Still body to retrieve my arrow. 

"What kinda bastard ain't got the heart for a couple of sick children." I mumbled yanking on the end of my arrow. It finally came loose and stumbled back a little when it came free. 

"You just... Killed him." I turned and saw Jesus watching me in shock.

"Well he was gonna hurt ya so I acted fast." I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. Could he see my blush? I hope not.  My eyes raised to look at the man I called mine.  He was staring at the body of our attacker silent.   I tried to figure out what was going on in his mind but too many emotions swirled through his bright blue eyes.

"There was no other was Jesus.  You could've been dead." Rick reiterated. I stepped closer to Jesus and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Hey you okay?" I whispered calmly. He nodded and leaned his head on my shoulder. I rubbed his back in hopes of bringing his mind back on track. 

"I'll just gather the supplies." Rick disappeared into another aisle.

"I've never seen someone just kill someone without them coming at them first. There could've been another way." I tightened my arms around him.

"There could've been. But he was gonna shoot you. He was going to hurt you." I grabbed his chin and tilted his head up so I could look into his eyes. The blue green seemed to light up as a sun beam hit it.  I could tell this man a million reasons as to why I killed this stranger. For the supplies. Cause he pissed me off.  But overall it was my fear of losing him.  Since Jesus had come into my life it's been complicated but so much better. I wasn't alone. My thumb gently brushed across his bottom lip. A smile played on my lips and I leaned in to kiss him.  He immediately responded as our lips moved in sync with one another.  When we pulled away I leaned my forehead against his softly. "I can't lose you. I don't want to be alone again. Yeah the rest of the group is there for me but not in the way you are."

"That was so stupidly cheesy I'm not even sure you're Daryl Dixon." He laughed pushing me away. I chuckled and pulled him right back in.

"Shut the hell up and let me love you." I joked hugging him.

"No. You're not my Daryl. Imposter." He shouted playfully trying escape my hold. I pouted and let him go.

"Fine then.  I'll just go collect supplies." I trudged away but was soon stopped by him jumping on my back. I smiled as he placed on soft kiss on my cheek. He slid off quickly and slid his hand in mine.

"Not without me you won't." My smile brightened as I pulled him down the aisle. We wandered each aisle collecting everything we could fit in our bags. Food, medicine, toys, deodorant, toothpaste, etc. It was easy to forget the world was a living hell.  I looked over at the smiling man filling another bag with every type of candy he could find. His hand drifted over a large bag hesitantly and he quickly retracted it. I walked up confused and looked at the brightly colored bag of skittles.

"Why didn't you grab them?" I asked.

"No room for luxuries. We need normal food first." He explained wandering to another aisle.

"What's your favorite color?" Jesus questioned. I rolled my eyes at him and looked over at him. He watched intently waiting for an answer. 
"Green. What's yours?" I answered smiling.
"I prefer blue.  What kinda candy did you eat before the apocalypse?"
"We couldn't afford candy. Too busy payin for my brothers addiction." I mumbled.
"Oh. Well I liked skittles. They were sweet, fruity and..." I watched him ramble on about his life before the apocalypse. The way his eyes lit up when he talked about something he was passionate about.

I looked over at the rare candy and slid it into my bag smiling. We could all use a treat every now and then. I looked around looking for Jesus.

"Where'd you go?" I shouted wandering around.

"Few aisles over." He yelled back.

"I never fucking left!" Rick countered. I rolled my eyes laughing as I made my way to whatever aisle Jesus was in. I looked down each aisle and finally found him in the bath products aisle loading up on shaving cream and razors. I slid my arms around his waist and kissed his neck.

"Whatcha doin?" I asked playing with the bis of hair hanging out of the bottom of his beanie.

"You and Rick need to shave." He explained while I swayed gently.

"God damn it." I mumbled.

"Oh hush it. You might as well be Sasquatch with your beard that scruffy." He joked.

"But I'm a sexy Sasquatch." I grumbled.

"Time to go. I don't think the car can hold any more." Rick ordered from across the store. I sighed and we both made our way to the car.

~~~~~~~AUTHORS NOTE~~~~~

There's probably a lot of typos in this I was speeding through to make this chapter due to my schedule being very demanding. I'll try to update more though.  Vote.  Comment and other Darus fans. 😄😄😄