Chapter 6

Jesus' POV

I stayed up all night thinking about him. He had been acting nice all of a sudden and I don't understand it. Was he actually trying to be friends with me? Was he plotting something to embarrass me? My heart clenched at the though of him using my feelings to get back at me for something. Should I distance myself? I could never distance myself from Daryl. Something about him made me always want to be around him. I sighed and rolled over in my bed and listened. Silence. That's all I could hear. It made my thoughts run away from me in directions I wanted to avoid.

The growls of the walkers and the wind rustling branches outside provided some distraction. I groaned then threw the blanket off of me and left the room. My footsteps echoed throughout my house as I wandered around. How did I end up so alone? My mind ran in place as I mindlessly walked around. My life used to be so different, now I'm alone in the apocalypse afraid of my own thoughts. A breeze brushed my hair across my face causing me to leave my thoughts and realized I ended up outside. I tightened my arms around my body when the chill seeped into my skin.

"Jesus." I turned around and saw someone running after me. I squinted to see who it was and made out Daryl's figure. "What're you doin out here? It's freezin." A blanket draped over my shoulders.

"I dunno. I couldn't sleep and needed to think." I mumbled while he lead me back home.

"What'd'ya need to think about?" He asked a we stepped back into my house.

"Just stuff. Why are you being so nice to me lately? I questioned looking up at him. His face twisted in confusion. "Never mind. Thank you for making sure I got home. Ill see you in the morning."

"I'm not leaving until I know you ain't gonna wander outside again." He demanded. I nodded slowly and headed back to my room. His footsteps echoed behind me to confirm that he was following. My heartbeat sped up and I fought back a smile creeping on my lips. Maybe he actually did care.
I slipped under my blanket and hid my blush by turning to the wall. 

"You don't have to stay you know." I muttered hoping he heard me. 

"I know. I just want to make sure you're okay." He replied.  I smiled a little and rolled over to see him sitting in a chair watching me. 

"You're weird." I joked smiling at him.

"Look at the people I keep around me." He laughed.

"Hey Daryl, Why have you been so nice to me lately? I thought you hated me." I asked quietly.

"I don't hate you. I never did. I just hated how you made me feel." He answered almost silently. I turned over in my bed to look at him standing in the corner watching me.

"What do you mean how I made you feel?" my eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. He sighed and walked over to sit on the bed next to me. His eyes seemed to look deep into mine with a little smile on his lips.

"Like I'm not so alone. You make me feel like I'm not as in control of myself as I thought I was. You always make me smile and I always tried to hide it." He explained watching me. I let my thoughts slip away from me for a second.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know thats how you felt." I mumbled down at my sheets to avoid his eyes.

"It's not bad." He chuckled. I nodded slowly and looked back up into his blue eyes. The moonlight seemed to shine through them and light them up. A crack of lightning flashed through the room. My eyes turned to the window as I noticed it had started raining.

"I'm gonna head to bed. Don't want to be tired for the run tomorrow. You can stay if you'd like to." I turned back to the wall trying to avoid any awkward conversation with him.

"Alright. Uh where should I sleep?" shit I didn't think of that. I sat up and looked around the room trying to think of somewhere that he could sleep.

"Uh wherever I guess." I replied laying back down. I felt my bed sink a little bit more.

"Mind if I join you here? The floors a bit uncomfortable."

"That's fine with me. You better to kick in your sleep or your ass is on the floor." I joked. He chuckled and wrapped the blanket around himself. I blushed and smiled thinking about what he told me. He never hated me.

"I could never hurt you. There's still too much to talk to you about." His sleepy voice was amazing and made it easy to feel sleepy.

~~~Time Skip~~~~~~

The sun streamed into my room causing me to blink slowly. A weight ws across my waist that was never there any other morning. What the hell? I turned my head a little bit and saw Daryl's sleeping. Shit shit shit. Daryl Dixon was in my bed.

Why was Daryl in my bed? Oh yeah I wandered last night. I swore and tried to lift his arm without waking him. His grip n me tightened a little bi pulling me back into the bed.

"I'm not asleep Jesus. I just dont feel like leaving yet." He mumbled. I smiled and shook my head laughing.

"We have a run today. Rick's gonna be looking for us." I joked trying to untangle myself from his arm.

"But I don't wanna go yet. I like this." He groaned. A knock sounded through my house so I pulled out of Daryl's arms. I rubbed my arms and walked to the door as whoever was out there knocked again.

"I'm comin'." I shouted back pulling the door open and came face o face iwth Rick.

"Gettin ready to leave. Have you seen Daryl ? He wasnt at the house this mornin." I nodded and pointed back to my bedroom.

"Yeah, he's back in my room. I wandered last night and he helped me back home to make sure I was okay. We'll be out in a minute." I explained.

"Oh. I did't like disturd anything did I?" He asked turning bright red.

"No. No no no no. All you did was give me a reason to actually get Daryl up." I chuckled.

"I ain't gettin up god damn it." Daryl shouted from the back room.

"Than I'll go on the run with Rick alone." I yelled back and waited for his reply. Ricks eyebrow cocked up as though to question us. I held my finger up in the universal sign of just a minute. We waited a bit before a felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Like hell you are." Daryl grumbled causing Rick to laugh. I blushed and smiled apolegetically to Rick.

"Just hurry up and get ready so we can head out ASAP, alright?"

"Sounds good. See ya in a bt." I closed the door and turned to glare at Daryl.

"I got us more time." He smiled at me innocently. I rolled my eyes and walked back to room to get ready. I pulled some clothes from Daryl and I's run to the clothing store. "Did I do something wrong?" I pun around and look at Daryl laid out on my bed.

"Well Rick thinks we're together. Would you consider that something wrong?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I wouldn't. He wants to think we're together so be it. Don't mean we actually are unless you wanna be." He leaned back in

the bed and closed his eyes as my cheeks burned up.

"Wait what?" I walked over and looked at him confused. He opened one of his eyes to look at me with a playful smile

playing on his lips.

"Nothin' imma head back to the house and get ready. See ya on the run." He got up and started to leave. I groaned and walked after him.

"Don't you nothin' me. Get back here and explain what you..." The words were unable to leave my mouth before I felt his lips press against mine. Just as I melted into his kiss it was gone. It was only for a split second but it felt like it lasted forever. The same playful smile as earlier was still on his lips as I was brought back to reality.

"That's what I mean. See ya on the run." He stepped out the door and closed it gently. I lifted my hand to my lips and smiled brightly. He kissed me. Daryl Dixon kissed me. I bit my lip and headed back to my room to get ready before my mind took off running again.