Chapter 2

Daryls POV

The slam of the door echoed through the house causin Carol to turn away from whatever she was makin.

"What's wrong Pookie?" She joked returnin to her task.

"God Damn Jesus. Rick is lettin him go on the run." I grumbled swipin a cookie from a pile she had just pulled out of the oven. She slapped me playfully and pulled the cookie tray away placin it on a counter on the other side of the room. I just smiled at her.

"So? He's a sweet guy and he has great skills that can help you guys. I don't see the problem." She mused turnin back to me with a confused look on her face.

"He is the problem. Runs are mine and Rick's thang he cant just...just... " I complained slammin my fists on the counter.

"Calm down Daryl. You boys could use the help out there. You know the walkers are getting more frequent and hard to take care of with just two people. Having a third will make it easier for you guys. Little less dangerous.  " She turned to look at me with that look. The one only she could perfect. She was silently asking for the truth. I groaned and slammed my head on the counter to avoid her knowin gaze.

"I dunno why but its somethin about him. He frustrates me unlike anyone else does. Like yeah those bastards from terminus and stuff pissed me off but this is different. I don't want to be around him because I don't understand why I feel this way toward 'im. Ya know?" I looked up hopin for some helpful advice from her. All I could see was her smilin at me with that playful glint in her eye. "what?"

"Nothing. Sounds like a complicated situation." She smirked returnin to the cookies. "Would you mind helping me with these cookies for the dinner tonight? "

"Er yeah. I guess." I got up and helped her neatly place the cookies on little trays. Carl ran through the room quickly and grabbed one.

"Thanks Carol." HE yelled back at us.

"Hold it. Where do you think you're going?" Carol questioned him before he got too far.

"I was uh gonna help michone on the wall." He explained out of breath.

"Yer 'sposed to be watchin yer sister." I pointed out to him. He scratched the back of his head.

"yeah I forgot could you maybe watch her Carol? She's taking a nap right now." He smiled at us innocently. His bright blue eyes begged Carol to say yes and I smirked at her. She was gonna give in and I just knew. She always had a soft spot for them kids.

"Fine but just an hour. Go have fun." She shooed him out and he fist pumped happily.

"Thanks Carol." He ran out the door and was gone in a flash.

"Him and them eyes. If the world hadn't gone the hell he'd have girls falling left and right." She chuckled.

"Yeah. Hey imma go see if Rick needs help with the car okay?" I lifted my eyes to search for her approval.

"Go have fun. Tell Jesus  said hi." She smiled at me.

"You know I aint gon talk to him." I growled and she simply shrugged at me.

"Gotta talk to him someday. He lives here too you know." She explained calmly rearranging cookies to make up for the one Carl stole.

"Don't mean I gotta acknowledge him." I mumbled.

"Here give them these cookies for me why dontcha." SHe said changing the subject. I rolled my eyes at her and agreed. "Thanks Pookie." She winked at me and returned to the cookies I walked out of the house grumbling about Jesus. I don't have to acknowledge the man. I can just pretend hes not here. That's actually very childish. I groaned out loud and accidentally ran into somebody.

"Oh, I'm sorry Daryl I didn't mean to get in your way." Speak of the devil. I looked up at the long haired man.

"Watch where yer goin." I growled at him. Hurt flashed in his eyes. The same look he had earlier when I tried to talk rick out of him joining the run and I immediately felt bad for being so harsh to him.

"I'm sorry I was just lost in thought. Ill be more careful net time." He mumbled walking away from me. My heart fell a little bit at how sad he sounded.

"Hey jesus?" I yelled for him and he stopped turning to me. I held out the plate of cookies towards him with a slight smile. "Uh Carol wanted me to give these to you and Rick."

"Oh. Oh Thank you Daryl. I bet they're delicious." He blushed taking the plate. 

"Yeah, Carol makes the best cookies in the apocalypse." I laughed and he returned it shyly. Maybe he wasn't that bad after all. "See ya on the run." HIs eyes widened in surprise at my words.

"Wait you mean..."

"Yeah, I guess having you on the run with rick and I wont be that bad. Just don't sink the damn truck this time." I joked punching his shoulder lightly.

"Yeah sorry about that. It won't happen again I promise." His eyes fell to the ground and his cheeks tinted red a little bit.

"Eh don't worry about it. Just prove yourself on this one okay?"

"I will I promise. I know all the best places to search for supplies and the right plants to pick and..." He rattled on and on about ways he could help us on the run. Lord don't make me regret letting him come.

"Jesus shut the hell up." I interrupted him. He stopped talkin and nodded slowly. "Imma go help Rick. See ya later."

"See ya." He waved at me and started heading off to where he was going before he bumped into me. Maybe Carol was right. He aint that bad. I smiled a little bit and walked over to where Rick was leanin against the car downing a bottle of water.

"What's got you all smiley?" He teased me. Realizin the smile on my face was bigger then I thought I replaced it with a scowl.

"Nothin. you need any help?" I tried to hide.

"Right. Nah I aint got nothin. Jesus and I got it all packed up. Eugene said he heard about this place not too far from here. Supposed to be overrun but it should have good supplies. You up for it?" He looked at me with that  

"Always. When we going?" I asked leanin on the car right next to him.

"Tomorrow morning. If its overrun id rather not risk it at night. I wanna be able to see the walkers and not be surprised." He explained quickly before takin another swig of his water bottle.

"Sounds good. Toss me one of them waters wouldya."