Ding Ding Ding FIGHT!

The train ride seemed longer than normal. Mainly because Sirius has decided to give me one word answers, or nothing at all. I don't know which is worse. I really don't. On the one hand, not talking to me is killing me. He hasn't even looked at me since last night. I sat next to him this morning for breakfast, before we boarded the train, and he picked up his food and moved across the table. 

What the hell did I do wrong?

Mm'kay. Going back to last night, I said I didn't want to be flaunting a hickey left by my dearest Shags. Mainly because I didn't want the general masses that is the student body....to get the wrong idea. Or worse, find out everything. Then he got his knickers in a twist about it, and stormed off. 

Then when I tried to talk to him about it, he rolled over, said "it's fine" and then asked me to leave. I knew right then it wasn't 'fine' or whatever he was trying to make me believe, but I didn't know it was going to be this bad. I mean really. What's the big deal. Everything I said last night, I said for appearances in front of our friends. Remus even knew I wasn't being completely serious. But he thought so. Which hurts....a lot. It feels like he doesn't even know how/who I am. 

It's been increasingly frustrating. When he does decide to talk to me, he will only say, 'yes.' or 'no' or, 'MmmmHmmm." And to think he's spending winter break with us at the house. Great. a whole two weeks stuck under one roof, with a man on his period. I might end up beating him up with our beaters bat, if he doesn't cut the bullshit. 

"Sirius?"

He looked over at me. Lily & Remus were off doing prefect duties, Rayne went off the hang out with some of her other friends for a bit, and Peter? Peter was off doing Merlin knows what. So at the moment it was just James, myself, and Sirius. James looked between the two of us, and raised an eyebrow. He's been doing that all morning actually. He's just as confused as I am. Saying that Sirius wont say anything about last night, or what's wrong. He's always changing the subject if James tries to talk to him about it.

"What?"

The hard tone he had with me, made me flinch. What in the world did I do? What exactly did I say to make him hate me so much? I quickly looked down, adverting my eyes from his. That is if he even bothered to actually look at me.

"Never mind. Forget it."

"No tell me what you wanted to say."

He was mocking me. The undertones of anger, and mockery were in evident. I still continued to look downward. I didn't want to do this here. I was just going to ask what I did wrong, or if we could talk later at the house. But now, I just didn't want to do this anymore. 

"Well....what did you want?"

"Never mind Sirius. It wasn't important. Go back to ignoring me. You're getting really good at it."

"Shut up."

"What?"

"You heard me Scarlet Rose, shut up."

"You know what Sirius Orion Black, fuck you, and fuck off. I don't know what I did to you, but pull the prick that's wedged its way up your arse, out...and get over yourself."

 He turned red in the face. I saw his eye start to twitch. I wouldn't look away, and neither would he. It was this bizarre tense stare down. Who would back out first? It wouldn't be me. And I knew it wasn't going to be him. Something big was going to have to happen to get us to break eye contact. A mocking smirk, and a raise of my eyebrow formed on my face. He just squinted, blood boiling, I could see it. 

I mean hell, if he was going to be a jerk, I could too. I know how to play the stand off game. We've done this dance before. And I always win. I want to break something, preferably his face.