It's Our Party, and We'll Snog if We Want To

This chapter is going back to third person. 

***

The boys dorm was filled with commotion. From James running around trying to gather everyone's presents for his sister to open later that night, Remus picking the music for the party, and Peter double checking the list of food being served at the party. Of course the music blaring from their record player wasn't helping either. Sirius had walked in hours before, in a daze. Not only had he watched his best friend's eyes light up at a present he so carefully picked out, but she kissed him. Something he wasn't expecting. Their first kiss last week was to reassure her confidence. But this kiss, this was different. She kissed him, and he kissed her back....because he wanted to. All week he had been pretending that kissing her wasn't bothering him, but it was. Her lips were all he could think about all week. In Potions he almost blew up their cauldron because she was sitting next to him whispering in his ear what ingredients to put in next. How could he focus when her lips were so close? He couldn't.  

All week he watched her lips. The way she played with them when she was bored, how supple her bottom lip looked when she'd bite it. How she only wears a clear gloss, which made her lips glisten, and that he now knows is cherry flavored. How her lips are naturally turned down. Frown mouth is what she calls it. He was addicted. He was stalking her lips, and it unnerved him. He felt perverted, dirty, and horrible. He should not be having thoughts about what her lips could do. No, no, no, no, no! Mentally slapping himself he plopped down on his bed, turning to the record player, and proceeded to blare Led Zeppelin II. Maybe it wasn't the best idea because the first track, 'Whole Lotta Love', sounded more perverse than usual. Considering one of the lines is, 'Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man.' 

Sighing in frustration, Sirius took the record off, and started blasting Court of the Crimson King, by King Crimson. Yes, an album that doesn't have any innuendos in it, so as not to let his mind wander over the endless scenes that have been plaguing his dreams since their kiss last week. As if they weren't bad enough, now that he had a taste of her lips, it was all his mind could think about in his sleep. No where was safe. He would surely go mad. That is, if he wasn't all ready. With a heavy sigh he closed his eyes, until he felt someone sit at the end of his bed. Lifting his head ever so slightly, praying is wasn't Scarlet, he was relieved to see it was James. 

"You alright there mate?"

"Hmm....yeah I'm fine."

"Really? Because you've been in a daze ever since you came back from hanging out with Puffs."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry. She was just a little upset that I didn't warn her about that damn nickname."

James looked at his best mate with a frown on his face. He knew Sirius was lying to him. But why? What could he have done that would compel him to lie? Sirius never lied to James before, what changed all of a sudden? It's not as if they had a fight, or maybe they did and he doesn't want to talk about it. Or maybe they did something....

"Did you....you know....did you kiss her or something?"

"Kiss who?"

"Puffs."

Sirius's head jerked up as he looked at looked at his best mate. Wide eyed, he tried to compose himself, and not show the truth. The last thing he needed was James finding out he snogged his sister. Even though they're all good friends, Sirius was convinced that James wouldn't be cool with him snogging Scarlet. Even if they were just birthday snogs, and it would never happen again...he didn't want to take the chance. He knew full well how capable James was at using his wand, along with his fists.