Scarlet: Ch Ch Ch Changes

[Time Jump]

May 16th, 1976.

Two weeks before summer break. 

"Dear Miss Potter, 

We are pleased to announce that you have been offered a spot in the Gfted and Talented Wizards Summer program. We at the Gillydale Acadamy in New York would love for you to join us from June 10th-August 31st to study Potions, Defense, Transfiguration, and Charms. These courses will act as credits for your upcomming year at Hogwarts. Please Owl us no later than June 2nd with your answer. We're looking forward to hearing from you."

- Headmistress Heavenly Clearweather.

I read and reread the short but clear as day letter I received  last week at breakfast. Gillydale was an all girl Acadamy in America. Why the hell would I go to an all girl school in AMERICA of all places. Not that there's anything wrong with America. I mean sure, most Americans are ignorant, fat, drive on the opposite side of the road, and rude as all fuck. But the music? The music wasn't half bad. I mean, Jim Morrison is from California. So America had some redeeming quality. But, staying there....the whole summer? 

"What are you reading?"

"GAH!"

Sirius snuck up behind me, scaring the shit out of me. Which caused me to fall out of my chair. I picked myself up from the floor, dusting off the dirt from the library floor. you would think Ms. Pince would cast a sweeping charm every now and then. 

  I looked up and my heart skipped a beat. Yes, in the months since we terminated our FWB relationship, this have been a litte weird. We don't share his bed anymore, we don't lay in our usual position with my head in his lap anymore, pretty much anything that might have seemed flirty to other people....we don't do. In fact, he's been dating up a storm again. 5 girls now.

 Almost one for each month, actually...yeah one for each month. Me? I've been in a dry spell. Mainly because, I....I will admit I have a thing for my best friend. Ever since we called things off, I wanted them back. I wanted to be in his arms, kissing him, but....in front of everyone. Yes, I admit it...I want a public relationship with Sirius Black. But only because I didn't want to see like a slag.  

"The letter I got from Gillydale."

"What letter?"

"You know, the one Lily and I both got the other day at breakfast. For that summer program thing?"

"Oh yeah, that. So, are you gonna go?"

That was the big question. "Are you gonna go?" One one hand, I'd love to go. It would be a great experience, a chance to travel, and of course spend time with Lily. On the other, I'd be away from Sirius, James, Remus, and well....I'd have to keep going to school. Summer is about the escape of the Hallow Halls of Academia, not continuing it. 

"Well, are you?"

"I haven't decided yet."

"What's stopping you?"

You. 

"Eh, maybe I'd want a break after Owls. Which are next week."

"This is true. Plus, weren't you, James, and myself gonna spend all summer laying around by your pool, and play some Quidditch?"

Oh yeah, that. Sirius ran away from his house over Easter break, and came to live with us. So there was another reason I didn't really want to go. I could spend the whole summer with Sirius, and maybe, just maybe something would happen. Oh listen to me, I sound like a love struck teenager. Well I'm not. I'm going to put any notions of us being together out of the window. He obviously feels that way, and I should too.