Oh Merlin, What is Wrong With Me?

December 18th, 1975 The day before winter break

Oh Merlin ow. I didn't know what's worse. The fact it's 6:30 in the morning on a Friday, and I'm late for practice. OR the fact it's 6:30 in the morning, on a Friday, I'm late for practice, AND I just started my monthly week of hell. Yes despite my many efforts I'm still a woman, and this shit hurts. I don't get normal cramps like a normal girl...no because that would be....I don't know easy. No, I get massive cramps and migraines.  Pretty much rendering me incapable of doing anything. Even painless draughts don't help. Madame Pompfrey can't figure it out, and it worries her. Doesn't worry me so much. Hell I've had 3 years of this so far....and I get to do this until I'm in my mid to late 40's. Woop-dee freakin do.

Rolling out of bed, and slowly putting my practice gear on, I stumbled down the stairs to the Quidditch Pitch. Typically a 10 minute walk, now turned into a 15 minute walk. It would be 20, but I had to grit my teeth and push through. Walking in the snow, in Quidditch boots is harder than it looks when your in the worst pain you can imagine. Well, this isn't as bad as getting crucio'd but it's damn close.  By the time I made it, the team had already gotten in the air. I had miss the warm up work out, and now Matt was having everyone running drills. Of course Matt had to look down right as I showed up, and making me a spectacle. 

"POTTER! STOP STANDING AROUND AND MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL FOR ONCE!"

Oh yeah did I forget to mention that after I broke up with the jackass that is Matthew Wood he's resorted into a total d-bag? No? Well now you know. We still kick major ass in games, but at practice time....he's a right foul arsehole. Mounting my broom I flew over to my brother, who was looking at me with concern in his eyes. The guys have my 'unholy week' written down, so they know when to 1.) avoid saying something profoundly stupid, and 2.) help me out with getting around. Typically I stay in my dorm for half the day, and they bring me notes and homework. Yes I know it's a shock that they actually take notes, but it's only one week out of the month. I wouldn't want them to over exert themselves. 

"Hey you alright?"

"Do I look alright?"

"Stupid question. How about this one...are you gear for the holidays?"

I rolled my eyes at him. We leave for winter break tomorrow morning. As always I'm looking forward to being home. I miss my parents, adopted or not, they're better people than the ones that birthed me. So yes, I love being home for the holidays. Because our house always smells of cinnamon, vanilla, hot chocolate, and gingerbread cookies. How can you not love those scent combinations? You see the thing is....you can't. The house is warm, and we always get a giant tree. We don't always have copious amounts of presents under it, mainly because shopping for each other has become increasingly difficult over the years. 

We get each other the same crap over and over. Yes I'm easy to shop for...because all I want are albums and books. But James....ugh. Not so much. Of course I could just get him Quidditch gear as usual...but it's so trite now. Sirius is harder to shop for. My god, it's like I have to out due myself on every gift giving holiday. Everyone thinks that gift giving comes easy to me, but it doesn't. It's a long tedious process. That if I didn't carefully plan everything to the last detail, it would go horribly wrong. Yes, I get a bit obsessive over the gifts I pick out for Shags. But for good reasons. My other friends have loving families that give them what ever they want so I don't have to stress so much with them. Sirius like myself didn't have that option growing up...and we had to over compensate for each other over the years.

"I'm completely gear for the holidays. We have a concert to go to, and cookies to eat. Now if you don't mind I have to focuse on not falling off the broom during drills."