Scarlet; At Last

Week of OWLS, 2 Days before Summer Holiday.

Scarlet's POV

Things have gone from weird, to doubly awkward. Every time Sirius and I are in a room together, there's this horrid tension. Like he wants to tell me something, but wont. 

It's frusturating as all fuck.

The worst part is any chance I am with him, I'm internally hypervelelatiing  like an idiot. I can't help it. I want to I really do, but I can't help it. My feelings for him wont die down. Actually they've just gotten worse. Every moment we're in the same room I just want to crawl into his arms. Every girl that hangs on him I just want to rip their face off. Hex them into next week. They don't deserve him. To top it off, it seems as though most flaunt it in my face that they get to have him, when I don't.

Heaven help me, I want him. I need him. I crave every bit of him.

 I....I love him. 

Of course. How could I be so ignorant?

I love him.

Shit.

I love him.

No. 

I.Love.Him.

Fuck.

I'm completely in love with Sirius Orion Black. 

Dammit.

Damn it all to hell. 

Isn't this what every girl wants? To be in love with their best friend?  Yes? No? Oh I don't  know. I know I've said it before that falling in love with Sirius would be as easy as breathing. I just didn't think the universe would take me so literally. It feels as if I can't get enough air when he isn't around, and yet when we're together, breathing is the easiest thing in the world. Except when my heart starts thudding out of my chest because if I let one thing slip everything will be ruined. 

"What is a girl to do?"

"What's a girl to do what?"

"GAH! Will you stop doing that jackass!"

I glared at Sirius who had the most delicious smirk on his face. Damn him to hell for looking so good. His well fitted Forty Licks Rolling Stones shirt, black jeans, black boots, and his hair just reaching his shoulders. Those charcoal grey eyes, cutting me to the core of my being. God I wanted him. 

Stay focused Scarlet, keep your cool.

"Sorry for scaring you Blondie I really am."

"It's okay. Just this whole internship thing has me wracking my brain for a decision. What should I do Sirius?"

"Oh no, not that again. I told you my answer last week, or week before last. You stormed off in a huff. No, not falling for that again."

I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Fine, then why are you here, scaring the shit out of me?"

"Well, I was going to ask if you wanted to take a walk with me. We haven't done that in a while."

I stared at him like he was crazy. A walk? Really? He was right though, we hadn't done that in ages. I missed our walks. We used to have the most wonderful conversations on our walks. Conversations about books, music, and of course, pranks we should play. Our walks were our special thing, and we haven't had one since before winter break. 

"A walk sounds like an awesome idea."

"Perfect." 

I followed him, standing at his right side. (My spot) He grabbed my hand, and I could've sworn sparks came from it.