Are You Freaking Kidding Me

The heavy weight of the dream lifted off Julia as she surfaced back into consciousness. Her whole body felt light as a feather like she was floating. It was such a pleasant yet foreign feeling from what she normally encountered after waking up from her dreams. She didn't want to ruin this feeling by waking up. And enjoyed the sensation a little longer before she opened eyes, to find Alex carrying her.

It took her a moment to remember what had happened. Julia did a quick check by wiggling her limbs and surprisingly felt no pain. What the?She thought. Julia felt amazing, as if she could run to LA and back without breaking a sweat or she could uproot the giant redwoods and toss huge boulders like they were mere toys.

Alex smiled down at her. Julia couldn't help getting pulled into his intense gaze. She swore his piercing eyes could see straight into her soul. She felt an awkward sensation surface inside of her as she stared back at him caught in his gravitational pull. Julia couldn't quite put her finger on what it was until it started to coil its way around her heart.

Silently she gasped, turning away crimson with realisation. Damn hormones, Julia cursed trying to squash her desire to wrap her arms around Alex's neck and kiss his full lips. No, no, no! He's such a jerk... Albeit a sexy jerk. Julia groaned at herself. Besides he doesn't even like me and even if he did, there's the whole dark fae forbidden love thing. A different thought worked its way inside her head, the law only says no offspring, there's nothing to stop me from dating him. Her hands shot up to her head and ruffled her hair. She shouted at herself in her head, there is no way I will fall for him, and drew a mental line in the sand.

Alex tilted his head and chuckled. "Glad to see you're finally awake," he said and set her down.

Relieved to have something else to think about she focused on cautiously putting weight on her injured foot. When no pain jumped out at her, she gave Alex a beaming smile and bounced on the balls of her feet. "Wow! What is this? I've never felt so good in my life!" she said in a rush.

Alex smirked at her with a 'I told you so' look so on his face. "Yeah... You were bleeding badly after I set the bone back in place and I had to give you some of my blood."

Julia went white as a sheet as all the blood drained from her face and gasped in horror. A sudden and irrational fear took over, and all she wanted to do was run away from him. Fighting that urge she said, "But why? You know my dad was human. What about the side effects?"

He shook his head in frustration. "Look, Julia, trust me. Nothing other than you feeling fantastic will happen to you."

Anger reared up inside of her and she shouted, "Fine! Thanks for helping me." Then not caring if she got lost in the woods again or eaten by bears or worse she stomped off.

Alex caught up to Julia stepping in front of her. "I won't apologise for helping you the way I did." Julia's eyes widened and her hands shot out and she shoved Alex with all her might. When he didn't even budge she snarled. "Just calm down. We're back in Havenswood and if you go that way." He pointed over her shoulder in the opposite direction she was going. "You will reach your house."

Before Julia could reply he vanished leaving her alone to fester in her own rage. "What a pompous ass," Julia shouted into the empty woods hoping he could still hear her. "Yeah, that's right run back to your She Beast. She's the only one that could ever put up with you!"

Julia was seething by the time she reached her front door. Ren was waiting on the front porch. His mouth dropped open when he saw her covered in dirt and blood.

"What in the gods' names happened to you? You look terrible."

Julia shot him a murderous glare, walked over to him and kicked him so hard it made him wince. She knew she looked a mess, covered in blood, caked in dirt and her clothes torn to shreds. The last thing she needed was him telling her she looked like roadkill.