{meeting the demi-god}

A clatter of books spilled out next to me causing a large amount of noise, making me jump in my seat. I snapped my head up to the person who had caused the mess and he smiled cheekily around the room and at everybody's head who seemed to be looking directly at him, "Sorry guys, sorry..." He announced, before receiving a 'shh' in his direction from the librarians. 

I shook my head and returned to reading the small text and highlighted many notes that I had taken down beside me. I looked across to the man who had caused the noise and he collapsed into the seat next to me, and he caught me staring at him, "Hello," he whispered.

"Hi..." I said, uncertain. I had never seen him around campus before, and if I did I would have been quick to recognise him. He had ginger-blonde-brown locks that curled uncontrollably from the top of his head and captivating blue eyes. I peered at the mountain of books and nodded, "Shakespeare, huh?"

He met my eyes and smiled, "Yeah, I'm an actor. You should come and see one of my acts sometime..."

I laughed, "It would help if I knew your name..."

"Tom Hiddleston," He chuckled, "And your name?"

I scratched the back of my head nervously and could feel my cheeks burning, "Avery Morrison..." He smiled at me and snatched my book from me, turning it over to see the cover. Tom Hiddleston... Tom Hiddleston. It sounded sophisticated and smart. I had to make sure I remembered this name.

"You study... Psychology?" He asked and I replied with a nod, "Wow, that's awesome. I'm guessing you want to be a psychologist, don't you?" 

He connected gazes with me and he kept it lingering. I laughed and bowed my head, "Sorry... That was... Awkward..."

"No, no..." Tom reassured, shaking his head violently. He cupped his hand under my chin and raised my head so our eyes could connect once again, "You have the most beautiful eyes that I have ever seen. There's no need to be sorry about that." He joked. I was left speechless and the words didn't roll off my tongue like they usually did. I was stuck, lifeless, and it seemed as if I was going under. Tom noticed this and smiled, "You're not busy tonight... Are you? My friend is having a party and it would be great if you could come along."

Tom didn't seem to make my speech difficulties any better, "I-I don't seem why not. I think I could come after-" I then stopped and raised my palm to my head, "Oh no, I can't. I have something else I have to go to with my roommate. Sorry." 

"It's fine!" He replied, "Maybe we'll meet another time?"

I gathered my books and stood up, "Some other time. But right now, I've got to go to a meeting..." Tom stood up with me and I perked my lips into a smile, "It was nice meeting you, Tom."

"It was nice meeting you, Avery," Tom held his hand out for a handshake, and I gladly accepted. We shook hands, gathered books into our arms, and parted our ways. I was so tempted to look over my shoulder to see him following me, or even looking as the cheeky boy I thought he was. But I couldn't. I left my self to wonder if I would ever see Tom again.