twenty: yours truly

Chapter Twenty
Yours Truly

The sun poured through the curtains around ten am, making my eyelids sluggishly rise. I rolled over and Tom lay beside me, his eyes closed and his mouth opened a notch. My arm tossed over his chest as I pushed myself closer to him, his body jerking out of his sleep. He looked at me and his arm raised, combing his fingers through my hair.

I stared at my ball gown hanging on the back of the door from two nights ago, knowing that it was now Monday. I had to go to work in two hours. I groaned pathetically and slipped out of bed, flattening out my nightgown. I yawned, stretching my arms out by my sides. I turned around to see Tom staring directly at me, sitting up straight, the duvet curled at his waist and revealing his shirtless upper half, "Why are you up?"

I coughed, clearing my throat from my gravely morning voice, "I have to go to work soon..." I said gravelly, coughing, "And I'm craving a cup of coffee."

Tom frowned, "Stupid Monday's..." He murmured, "I need a tea."

I grabbed my long-sleeved, tight-fitting, white button up shirt and moved my head in the direction of the doorway, "We have Yorkshire if you want..."

Tom ran his fingers through his hair with his back to me, staring out over the streets through the now open window. The ends of his hair glowed from the sun, looking like offspring whom had just descended from heaven. He pulled himself up from the bed, dressed in nothing more then long pyjama bottoms. He drew himself towards me with a smug grin, cupping a hand on the side of my face, "Darling, you're so serious this morning..."

I blushed, my cheeks tinted, "I know, it's just, I didn't have the best sleep last night."

"You looked like you slept like an angel..." He complemented, leaning forward and planting his lips on my cheek, "How about I get breakfast? What would you like?"

I rolled my eyes upwards, considering the opportunities. My eyes met his and I shrugged, "Surprise me, Mr. Hiddleston..." I toyed.

He nodded and disappeared out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. I gathered my clothes and danced briskly into the ensuite, humming Ed Sheeran softly to myself. I placed everything on the brink of the bath and turned the taps around until water fell into the depths of the plug hole below. I jumped in and scrubbed shampoo into my scalp, singing loudly. And that I'll find my corner, maybe tonight I'll call you, after my blood, turns into alcohol. No I just want to hold you.

I hopped out and threw a towel over my head, rubbing it silly. I got dressed into my required uniform and walked out into the kitchen where Tom sat, watching the news. I walked around the couch and William's head lay on his fathers lap, his mouth open and his eyes shut. Tom looked over at me with a grin, "I came out here and found him sleeping. He's out like a light."

I chuckled and slid next to Tom, grasping my cold hands around my Christmas mug. I watched the slow rise and fall of his chest as he slept, lulling away in his dreams, "He gets up to watch 'Power Rangers' at six in the morning and falls asleep straight after. Habit."

A silence lingered through the apartment and Tom's free hand linked through mine, sharing a hushed moment. Tom leaned towards my ear to whisper, careful not to wake William, "I saw you talking to Sara and Josh last night."

"Yeah, I was. They're really nice..." I commented half-heartedly. Well, I wasn't lying, but I wasn't very comfortable when I was with them. They both worked for a multi-million dollar company and I worked at a small London coffee shop.

Tom tossed his head back and forth, "Well, they invited us to a lunch tomorrow. A double date like thing. To get to know us better."

"What about our son?" I asked, staring at a fast asleep William.

"Chris volunteered to take him out, they were going to go Avengers spotting, due to the comic convention in the city..." Tom whispered, just incase little William was secretly listening.

I laughed, "He would like that. A lot." I could just imagine Chris, dressed in his Thor attire, taking William around on his shoulders looking for other people in costumes. I smiled at the thought, and made a mental reminder to make Chris a godfather to him.

"How has he been holding up?" Tom asked, his hand rubbing through William's own little curls.

I nodded, "Really well. The question should have been how I've been holding up!" I joked, smirking before lowering my voice to a whisper, "The little boy has been driving me crazy since school ended."

Tom's wiggled his eyebrows, raising his chin to stare directly at me, "And how have you been going?"

I laced my fingers together before breaking out gaze, watching the ticker at the bottom of the screen display the breaking news, "These few weeks, the ones I've been spending with you, have been the happiest ones I have experienced in a long time."

He watched me with the slightest smile, so I turned to face him. We stared into each others eyes, Tom's in particular glowing a vibrant, calming green. I surprised him by pushing my lips against his, kissing him. He was tense and shocked for a moment as our lips shot chills through out me. But he was still, almost like he was unaware of what was happening, so I pulled away, "Tom? Are you ok?" I breathed.

Tom had his lips pursed into a smile, struggling to find words. His lips parted and smiled openly, before giving the smallest outtake of air like a laugh, "I... I... Avery, I love you," he said, "And honestly believe me when I say this, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

I grinned madly, "I want to as well... Tom, I love you too!"

Tom leaned in for another kiss and an uncomfortable grunt echoed through the room, making both of us jump. William was awake and staring directly at us, "Ew! You weren't about to kiss, were you? That's disgusting!"

Tom laughed with his tongue in between his teeth, "Your mother and I love each other very much, William!" He exclaimed before wrapping his arms around his son and pulling him close. His lips landed on Will's face and he erupted into a scream, squirming and struggling to get out of his grip, "Let me kiss you!"

"Never!" William screeched before slipping away and running away from both of us, withdrawing a plastic pirate sword from the umbrella stand.

I shot Tom a look and he raised his shoulders innocently, "Way to go, lovebird..." I teased, pushing him off the couch and onto his feet, "I was enjoying our little moment!"

{A/N}

I know what you're thinking... OMFG CHELSEA RENA UPDATED TWO DAYS IN A ROW OMG THATS NOT HER USUAL SELF WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH CHELSEA?!?!

or you're thinking... Oh cool! She updated! *reads*

I was in the car for, like, four hours and it have me plenty of time to write. I'm really sorry if it wasn't up to scratch, if it's too short or anything negative. Been really out of it lately.

But anyways, I really hope you did enjoy it! Please leave a comment below what you thought :)