Orange

[A/N: SORRY FOR THE DELAY!!! Long story short I was busy BUT HERE I AM WITH TWO CHAPTERS YEYY!!! Ok anyways, just wanted to say that the next chapter will be really long so uh beware.]  

The world looks more colourful now. A mix of pink, red, blue, and yellow entered [Y/N]'s world. And today was no different. A few days after Valentines Day, [Y/N] went to confront Sakura about this weird, ticklish feeling she had on that day when Kuroo brought her flowers. 

  "I felt my face heat up and suddenly I couldn't speak. The colours around us become more... noticeable, I guess. And, uh, my stomach started to do flips all over. Am I sick or something? Was it because of the flowers he gave?" She described it as so. But as she described her "illness", Sakura's face lit up more and more. At the end of her speaking, Sakura gave her a big hug and said,

  "My lil' [Y/N] is growing up! Ahh, I'm so blessed to be alive today!" Sakura rubbed [Y/N]'s hair. Some of the students looked at the two, curious about what she meant. So did Kenma. He sat quite far from them but he could faintly hear what they were talking about. An unnoticeable curve was shown on the corner of his mouth as he went back to playing his game. The rest of the day followed, [Y/N] being slightly distracted here and there. During lunch, however, Kenma went out of the classroom to search for Kuroo. When he finally found him, he quietly asked Kuroo to follow him somewhere. 

  They arrived at the back of the school. Kenma sat down and took a deep breath before saying, "So, how was Valentines Day?" The black-haired boy who stood in front of him gave a nervous laugh before replying.

  "Heh, it went horribly. I made her wait for so long just because I couldn't choose the perfect flowers for her. But, you know, when I gave her the flowers, I realized that..." He trailed off at the end.

  "Oh, I see. Are you planning to do something for her again?"

  "I dunno. I don't want her to think I'm clingy and all."

  The cat's head looked up at him, curious, "But I thought you were doing all of these so that both of you could--"

  "YES, YES, I KNOW! But..." He gave an exaggerated sigh before continuing. "What do you think I should give to her next?"

  "How about a sunset? You said you can-- I mean, she can see blue now, right? That means she can see the sky. But what about a sunset? I don't remember you saying that you could see one."

  "Hmm, guess you're right. We never saw them together, and I don't think she's ever seen one. I mean, she is the Colourless--No, I shouldn't call her that."

  The two of them chatted for a while more before heading back to the classroom. Meanwhile, [Y/N] went to the toilet for a short while so she can wash her face. She stared at the mirror only to realize she couldn't see a single colour in her. Not her skin, at least. Only her hair and uniform. She gave a small sigh before rewashing her face.

  "Oh? If it isn't the Colourless Monster?" A booming voice echoed. It came from the entrance of the restroom.

  'Ugh. It's them.' [Y/N] stared at the sink for a moment before lifting her head up to look at who said it. Three girls, one standing in front, held smirks from their faces and had heavy makeup on them. The "leader" had a pair of lopsided twin tails hanging from her head while her nails were painted and her eyelashes were seriously long. The other two looked similar.

  "You need something, Ale?" [Y/N] asked in her usual monotone voice. She recognized them all too well. Akari Le Evans Watanabe. Or Ale, for short. She was a spoiled rich kid who was the bully of the school. She threatens her victims with her advantage of money and usually blackmailed them. Many feared her, even some teachers. She would brag about how much her daily allowance is, and tell the teachers that she could buy out the whole school and fire them. That was Akari.

  But, her most hated victim was [Y/N]. No matter what she did, only physical violence seemed to satisfy her when she bullied [Y/N]. Any verbal bullying didn't reach [Y/N]'s ears, and no amount of destroying her locker, messing with her gym clothes or vandalizing her table affected [Y/N] one bit. Even when she would physically punch her, [Y/N]'s face showed no signs of pain.

  "We noticed, you know, the past few days, something that's been occurring with you, and we concluded. Jane, if you would?" She looked over her shoulder to a short-haired girl with a lollipop in her mouth and had the most outrages blush ever.

  "Yer' been pretty close with 'er senior, Kuroo. And she," She removed the lollipop from her mouth and pointed to Akari with it, "ain't likin' this one teeny bit." The blonde girl next to her shouted something in English. The other two girls were from foreign countries, so their accents and looks were different. 'Probably bribed to be with Akari.' [Y/N] thought.

  "You heard her. Now listen here, Ms. deadpan," All three of them started walking forward until they ended up cornering [Y/N] to a wall. "I don't think you know this, but, know where you belong. You're a dirty product of two sluts who can't see any colours and your eyes speak boredom and suicide. Heh, but I'll let it slide just TODAY. I'm not in a great mood to bully you, but oh, trust me. You'll get what you deserve: A hard punch on your grey, little face." She spat on her face before leaving the restroom, leaving [Y/N] all alone again.

  "...God, these annoying people."

  [Y/N] returned to the classroom just before class started. The rest of the day seemed to pass by quite slow. Her mind kept lingering with what Ale told her. It was true that [Y/N] often felt like she didn't deserve to see colours because of her entire well-being, and she would also agree that she indeed was a dirty product of two sluts. While her mind was in a daze, she didn't realize that the final school bell had already rung. "Oh," She muttered. She forgot that she told Sakura that'd she'll stay behind in class to revise some things. But she was too focused on what happened during lunch that she forgot to revise. With a heavy sigh, she packed up her things and left the classroom.

  But as she opened the door, a tall figure stood in front of her. "Ah," His voice was deep and she felt a smirk plastered on his face.

  "Kuroo? What're you doing here?" Her heartbeat slightly sped up when she made eye contact with him.

  "Oh, I didn't see you at practice so I was wondering where you were. By the way, you wanna walk home together?" He slung his back behind his bag.

  "Walk home? What about Kenma?"

  "He said he had something to do so we can go ahead. C'mon, [Y/N]-chan." He gently took her hand and dragged her out of the classroom. Although she was kind of embarrassed, [Y/N] was fine with this situation. She didn't mind being taken away from the school with the bed-haired boy. The walk was, however, slightly awkward and silent. Neither said anything, so they let the silence speak for itself. But their hands stayed connected. Small butterflies were felt in [Y/N]'s stomach. Was she enjoying the situation? Is that the case? She didn't know. But thinking about that made her remember something.

  "My eyes speak boredom and suicide, huh?" Silence surrounded the atmosphere once more.

  "No, it doesn't." Kuroo broke it again, "You're eyes are far from suicide, [Y/N]-chan. You should know that, at the very least." He turned to look at her.

  "Eh? Oh, no, I was just--"

  "I know, I know. You didn't really say that, did ya? But," he took a moment to think of what to say, "Just know that I don't find your eyes suicide. They're a really pretty shade of [e/c], ok? Embrace your facial features. Especially your eyes. Cause' you need them to see this." He finally let go of [Y/N]'s hand and looked at what's in front of them. 

  "Huh? See wha--" [Y/N] who was looking up at Kuroo turned her head to where he's looking and was speechless. "Wh-How--" They were up on a cliff, staring at the beautiful sky in front of them.

  "I didn't let go of your hand because you'll be all suspicious if I turned to a different. So I held on, leading you here." He turned his body and faced her, a smirk on his face. "So? What do you think? You like it? You know, the sunset."

  [Y/N]'s eyes were splattered with the sunset all around. Her mouth opened a bit and she turned to face Kuroo. She took a deep breath and with the biggest smile she could come up with, she put her hands behind her back and said:

"Yes! This is the prettiest orange I've ever seen!"