White [part one]

Isn't White such a pretty colour? It gives you a sense of purity. Like turning over a new leaf.

  As of today, [Y/N] could no longer see colours. All the shades of Pink and tones of Blue that have been built up until now have crumbled down. The range of Orange and the vast myriad of Red that brought joy to her life just disappeared. All the colours she's seen over the past year were all replaced with Grey, Black, and... White. The filter of her dull life replaced her joyous one. But none of it mattered anymore. [Y/N] knew it would happen soon. She kept telling herself to be ready for the loss of it. But months passed after she first saw Blue, and she totally forgot about it. She knew, yet she didn't want to. The moment she lost Blue, she realised her time was up. No more playing colours or games. No more fantasies or dreams. No more enjoying or laughing.

"Time to wake up to reality." The shadow man in her mind said.

  Going back to school, [Y/N] saw herself walking in front of her.  Like a vague memory of her past self. The one that was surrounded by colours until that unfortunate day. She saw herself always looking up at the blue sky, smiling to herself. Her past self would look at the lush grass nearby and just stop for a second to admire them. That was the kind of past self [Y/N] wanted back. Not the past self which was filled with nothing but emptiness and darkness. She didn't want that. But, oh, what could she do? [Y/N] ended up returning to that past self. The horrible, frightening, scary one.

  And to be honest, though she never showed it on her face, [Y/N] was breaking. Her heart broke anytime she saw the sky, anytime she saw her classmates, heck, anytime she even saw Kenma in class. Knowing that she no longer can see colours tore her apart. Even though she already experienced a colourless life ever since she was born, it was hard. It was a struggle to accept the fact that she had to relive the exact same life she dreaded so much. But, oh, what can she do?

  And so, 4 months have passed. A month with totally no colours. The rumour of her losing her colours soon spread again. And she was bullied again. She was glared at again. Again, and again, and again. Everything she experienced before she met Kuroo was coming back again. She just wanted to crawl up a hole and just lie in there. Forever. Sakura was still talking to [Y/N], but every now and then, she would talk about how much she fell in love with Kuroo and so on. She even said (in her extremely bubbly voice) that she went home with him once or twice, and it silently cracked [Y/N]'s heart upon hearing that. But nevertheless, [Y/N] kept her poker face on and nodded to Sakura.

  "Hey, should I ask him out tomorrow?"

  'No, please....'  But instead she said, "Up to you."

  "Hmm... Then I think I'll ask tomorrow! Since you know, it's a Friday and we end class early. But, do you think he'll accept?"

  'I really hope not...' But instead she said, "If he likes you, then yeah."

  "Then I will! Hope you'll root for me, [Y/N]." She was about to return to her seat. But before she did, Sakura turned around and smiled. "And, for the last time, thank you SO much that you stopped talking to him! It means a lot to me! Hahaha, I almost thought you liked him! But oh well, once a colourless, always a colourless. Oops!" And she jokingly laughed it off.

  "..."

  The bell rung, signalling lunch to be over. Sakura returned to her seat and class resumed as per normal. [Y/N] was still paying attention to the teacher, but the class was a bit boring for a Thursday. Every once in a while, she would scan the class and always stop at Kenma for a moment. Looking at him and his usual cat face made [Y/N] feel guilty. Kenma was the one who comforted her when she cried, the one who was with her when Kuroo wasn't, and the one who never judged her, along with Kuroo. Yet she pushed him away. "For the best" She always said. But was it really? Was it not because she didn't want to hurt him as well? [Y/N] didn't know.