White [part three]

[A/N: Sorry for the short part. This is the last part of White, so it's shorter than the rest.]  

"H-How-- How did you--" Kuroo's skin felt cold and his eyes had a mixture of anger and shock. He didn't want to tell anyone. He tried his best to play it off. Anytime someone asked him about colours, he did his very best to avoid the topic. He thought no one knew. He thought no one realised. But then there's Kenma-- the sly observer.

  "I knew since long ago. But what I was shocked at was when you said that you can see them. It was ever since we met [Y/N] at the 7/11. You said that my hair was bright yellow. You never mentioned about the colour of my hair or anything at all. Am I right?"

  "...Yes." He gave up hiding it from Kenma. He sat on the ground and looked up at him. "I couldn't see colours. Ever since my parents got into an accident. I don't know. But I didn't want people to find out. I didn't want my reputation to go down. So I hid it. I pretended that I could see colours. But, when I helped [Y/N] that day, I--"

  "Fell in love with her, right?" He sat beside him and looked up at the sky. "The soulmate system, if I'm not wrong. If you and your soulmate meet, the two's colours will shine brighter than ever. And in yours and [Y/N]'s case, when you two met, you could actually see them."

  "Yeah, I know. I thought that too. And when I lost and found my colours, [Y/N] said she could see them as well. So at least there was hope, right? But it took me a while to believe it. Only until I saw the sunset with her was when I confirmed it with my very own eyes. She looked so... so... captivating, you know? She never smiled that big before, and I loved-- it was refreshing."

  "Then why?" He turned to face Kuroo and stared at him.

  "Hm?"

  "Why did you avoid [Y/N]? Ever since our match with Hinata, you've been avoiding her, and even me sometimes, when I'm with her."

  "Oh... that. I, uh, saw you two in the nurse's office... hugging."

  "I knew it."

  "Y-Yeah." He forced a laugh. "I don't know, it's just... you two looked so comfy with each other, it hurts. And... when you both came over, she just kept talking about you that I--"

  "Grew jealous and avoided her so the feelings would stop."

  "You should really stop interrupting me, man." Kuroo awkwardly laughed.

  "But today, you just broke her. I know. Because I was the one who told her to talk to you."

  "O-Oh, you did?"

  "Yeah. So why'd you lie to her? You made her sad, you knew, yet you still did it."

  "Because I love her, god damn it." Kuroo sadly replied. He said that he wanted to cut all connections with her. He didn't want to, but his jealousy kept telling him to. He wanted to find an opportunity to straight up break their connection between each other. And he did. And he regretted it.

  "Hmm..." Kenma didn't look really surprised at all.

  "I already cut off all ties with her. There's no going back."

  "...Actually, there is... I have a small little plan that'll help. How about it?"

  "Huh?"

  Kenma and Kuroo chatted for a while longer before they bid their farewells and Kuroo went back home. He entered his house and thought about the "plan" Kenma gave. "Should I... or..." He was debating if he should go with the plan or not. He wanted to be friends with [Y/N] again, heck, he wanted to hug her and deeply apologize. But what if it was too late? What if... 

  Back to [Y/N], when she entered her house, tears escaped her eyes as she went towards her bedroom. "Ah, water's flowing again." She said in a monotone voice as she wiped her tears away and locked herself in the room. She couldn't even bother cooking dinner nor bathing. She just wanted to die. "Fall in love and you'll get killed, huh?" She remembered the quote she overheard long ago and silently laughed. "Well, I'll be damned. Only now I realized what it meant? Hahaha...." She felt tears running down her cheeks. She laid on her bed and stared at the grey ceiling, not bothering to stop the tears. "Am I... dead... yet?" [Y/N]'s eyes slowly fluttered and was drifting off to sleep. She remembered the small white flower. 'A white flower... tarnished... and stepped on... that's indeed... me...' She couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. [Y/N] closed her eyes and went to slumber.

And that's when her greatest nightmare began.