White [part two]

There were times when [Y/N] wished to die. And she always tried to find chances to do so. Pills, suicide, knifes. But nothing seemed to get her to feel frightened. She wanted to feel an overwhelming sense of fear before she ended her life. But she never did. Therefore, she never killed herself. But [Y/N] always belived in a quote she overheard someone said. It went something like:

"You don't need a gun nor a pill. If you want to die, fall in love and you'll get killed."

She never undertood what it meant, but she knew that if she fell in love, she could finally die. And now, she understood it perfectly. And indeed, she died.

  "Huh?" The male stared at her.

  "You heard me," She gave her best smile at him. "Do you want to go home with me?"

  'Please... Just this once.... Let luck be on thou colourless monster's side!!' She pleaded the Gods above.

  "Oh, uh, sure. Why not?" He gave an awkward smile back at her.

  "R-Really?? Thank god." She accidentally said it too loud. "Th-then, uhmm, let's go, shall we?" 

  Kuroo nodded.

  Secretly overjoyed, [Y/N] gave out a small sigh as the two left school together. She asked him about Kenma (and she swore she saw him flinch at his name) but Kuroo said he had to leave early because he had something really important to do. 'Ah, so that's your little "part".' [Y/N] felt a tug at her lips. The walk back home, however, was like a silent night. [Y/N] not being able to see colours, she had a hard time being her bright self. And Kuroo who's been avoiding her for who-knows-what reason stayed quiet as well. It was too awkward for the both of them. But [Y/N] didn't want to let the opportunity slide. She was finding for the right time to talk to him. But the more time passed, the harder it was.

  She could already see her house when she decided to speak up.

  "Uhm," She stopped walking at the top of a small slope on the road.

  "Hm?" Kuroo was at the end of the slope when he stopped and turned around.

  "This, uh, I--" She was struggling to find the right words to say to her good friend who has been avoiding her for months. 'Shit. What do I ask? How he's doing? Or just ask him directly? Damn it, I don't know!' But in the end, she decided to say, "This was around where we first met right? I still remember. My first impression of you was a pervert, and I had no clue who you were." She tried to smile at him, remembering the fond memories.

  "Oh, yeah. That was about half a year ago, I think."

  "Yeah, it was. But you know? Ever since I met that pervert, my life changed." Her fists were clenched as she looked down in embarrassment. Kuroo's eyes widened in curiosity. "Surely you know that I'm the Colourless Monster. I couldn't see colours, my life was painted dull. But!" She looked up and stared into his eyes. "When you came into my life, I... I...." She tried her best to find the right words, but the only thing she could come up with was,

  "...was certain I could defy fate and live my own one!"

  "Eh?" Kuroo's mouth gaped. "Fate? What do you mean?"

  "Ever since I saw you, I was able to see colours again!" She opened up her arms and tried to talk and act like when she was able to live her colourful life.  Her eyes looked like they sparkled and her body seemed light. "Blue, Yellow, Red, Pink, Orange, and more! It wasn't immediate, but I-- I was convinced that you had something to do with it! Maybe the soulmate system, maybe something else. I don't really know myself since I've never experienced it before. But..." She was already panting from whatever she said with such enthusiasm. "I think... at the very least, I hope that I am... "