h e l p

@VeraJune Your words of inspiration and kindness gave me such joy that I put the crazy on hold to write this for you. Hope you enjoy, lots of loves and thank yous.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My head was killing me but my neck felt better, a lot better. Rubbing it, I relaxed when I found nothing – no collar or rash. Weston's deep voice filled the dark room.

"I put it on a stray dog in town, you don't belong to Tommy," the name was acid on his tongue.

Snapping into action, I pushed away from the voice and slid across the bed, up against the wall. Looking around, I found myself in yet another cage but this one wasn't too bad. There was water, snacks, thick blankets, and a nice bed – even the toilet had a privacy wall.

"Where am I?"

He gave a sad sigh. "I can't take you home yet and I don't want to accidentally hurt you while you're trying to escape."

Holding tight to one of the blankets, I frowned. "Then just let me escape."

"Yeah, I can't do that either."

"Why not?" Standing, I moved to the silver bars. "Why are you doing this to me?"

Taking a deep breath, he pulled a little medal chair to the door and took a seat. "What did they tell you about our kind?"

My head pounded as the situation really began to sink in and anger took hold of me as I snarled at him. "Where's Simon?"

He stiffened but, to my surprise, answered me. "In a different room."

"Are you hurting him?"

"No. No-matter how badly I want to, I knew it would upset you so Tyler's taking care of him." This wasn't adding up? Why wasn't he hurting us? Why wasn't he beating us?

"Why would you care after what you did?"

His jaw flexed in anger. "What did they tell you?"

The pain in my head was only getting worse, making my anger grow. "Just let me out!" Tossing a bottle of water at him, it hit the bars and exploded, showering him but he didn't flinch.

"I will when you remember."

"Remember? You did this to me! You're the one who messed me up and made me forget!"

His face morphed in confusion and anger. "Is that what they told you?"

"Yes."

"And you don't remember me at all?" He grew distant and eyes dimmed in sadness. Biting my lip, I looked over the mark on his neck.

"I remember carving an X but it's not there."

He smiled as he touched the bite on his neck, but his smile vanished. "And you don't remember giving me this?"

"I did that?"

"Yes, because I'm your mate." There was hope in his eyes, a hope I didn't understand.

"What's a mate?"

"You really don't remember anything?"

My heart started to hurt, he looked so broken. "No!"

"Alright." He took a deep breath. "I'll start with the basics. We are werewolves, humans who were given a wolf form, our wolves are a major part of us and they have a soulmate, someone perfectly made for them in every way."