The Lost One

"What are you talking about Fiddleford?", Ford asked, clearly taken back by his bold question. Fiddleford facepalmed and glared angrily at him. "I asked you if you knew that monster. Apperently there's something you're not telling your assistant," Fiddleford replied to him, putting extra emphasis on that last word. Is that what he thinks I think of him? A mere assistant? How could he think that, he knows I trust him dearly. "Fiddleford, no. You are more than an assistant to me. You are one of my closest.... aquaintances?", Ford said. Fiddleford stared at him with his mouth open. He couldn't even tell him that he was his friend. "I can't believe you! First you hide that whole triangle secret, then you fail to call me your friend!! What's next Stanford, huh? Are you even going to answer that? Or are you going to let me fade from your life just like Stan?", Fiddleford yelled at Ford while he just stood there in shock at what he was saying. He didn't process most of what he was saying, but he managed to catch the last line. To make sure he heard right, he growled at him, "What did you just say to me?" Fiddleford didn't know what he was messing with at the time, but he repeated himself to Stanford. "I said, are you going to let me fade out of your life like you did with your deadbeat brother?" That was the last straw for him. Something inside him snapped, and he struck Fiddleford with his six-fingered hand across his face. "Don't you ever bring him up in this household, got it?", Ford said in a low voice while staring at him. Fiddleford was still angry at him, so he decided to say, "Why, because that's the only failure in your life you ever witnessed? It's not like you would know what failure feels like, apart from the fact that you grew up with one, then all of a sudden, he's out your life permanently because you screwed up so badly. He could be dead becuase of you, but you wouldn't care. No, your life has to be so perfect, doesn't it, Stanford?"