Chapter Two: Leaving

"Luce?" My brother's voice came calling to me through the darkness of the night, the two of us in our shared bedroom on the Millennium Falcon.

"What is it, Benny?" I asked into the dark, using my brother's much-hated nickname in a form of subtle revenge for him waking me.

"I can't sleep," He said, his voice shaking slightly, and it didn't take being a Jedi Padawan for me to sense his fear.

He didn't need to say anything else, as I immediately knew what was wrong with him. A nightmare, again. Any annoyance I had for the situation had gone, and so I pulled myself out of bed, stumbling though the darkness to the other side of the room where his bed was. I hit my hand against the lightswitch, not trusting my sleep-fogged mind to focus enough to turn the light on with the force. As the room lit up I squinted through the brightness to see Ben huddled under his sheets as if using them as a barricade from his fear. He hadn't been crying, I could tell, so it wasn't as bad as usual, but he looked bright red, and the nervous look in his eye told me it had still been awful. I sighed, gesturing my head for him to move up and once he'd done so, I climbed under the sheets with him, wrapping my arms around his boney shoulders tightly and protectively.

"I don't want to feel scared, Lu," he said shakily, as if it was a confession. I shushed him gently, ruffling his hair reassuringly.

"There's no need to be scared, Ben," I told him, the way I'd told him many times before. "It was just a dream, and I'm here, I'm not going to let anything hurt you,"

"But... what if you get hurt? How can you protect me then?" He worried, to which I let out a single laugh.

"You think I'm gonna let anyone hurt me if their coming for you?" I whispered, fighting off a small smirk as every protective instinct in my riled at the thought of someone threatening either of us.

"It was the dream about... About Vader again," he whispered to me fearfully and I tried my best not to flinch, knowing the stories of the Sith lord vaguely from what our mother and uncle had dared to tell us. "He kept telling me to join him, to finish what he started. He said that there's more to or story than we know, and that there's so much we haven't been told,"

"Ben, our Grandfather was one of the most talented Jedi of his era, he was a celebrated hero of the Clone Wars, an excellent pilot, a cunning warrior and a true friend, remember Uncle Luke telling us?" I began telling him the story again, feeling him sigh against me. "Anakin Skywalker was a hero, and so is our Uncle and our parents, so we can't let Vader frighten us. He's nothing to us. Whatever he said, whatever wild connection you imagined to him is just a dream, just a silly little dream and you're better than a common Sith. Now try and get some sleep, alright, or Dad won't let you fly the Falcon tomorrow,"

"At least I'll still be a better pilot than you," he joked, his tone still serious until I gasped out a laugh which made him chuckle, especially as I elbowed him in the side.

The two of us fell asleep like that, the room light still on, wrapped in each other's arms, not knowing Ben's dream was the truth, that there was so much more to us than either of us could have known.

I jolted awake, tears pricking at my eyes as I took in a few deep breaths, trying to separate myself from the dream. I wiped my face quickly, sniffing as I pulled myself upto sit on the makeshift bed in the smuggling pit. Ever since I'd found the Falcon I'd refused to go near my old bedroom, our old bedroom, knowing it would just remind me of Ben. That seemed futile though, since I had still dreamed of him. I tried to force my mind away from him, reminded myself that it was a new day and distracted myself by rooting through the pile of clothes on the floor of the pit. I picked out a white dress once used for training, pairing it with black baggy trousers before attaching my weapons belt around my waist, making sure both my blaster and lightsaber were hanging from it, pulling my old Jedi Academy jacket on to finish the look, though even once I was dressed I couldn't stop thinking of the dream.