Chapter Sixteen: Reunions

I didn't know when I'd started, but I was running, sprinting far away from where I'd just electrocuted those stormtroopers, until eventually I stopped, keeling over to catch my breath. I stared down at my hands in horror. I'd dropped my light saber at the scene of the crime, but I was too afraid to hold my hand out to summon it, in case I shocked someone again.

The only force user to ever do something like I'd just done was the Emperor, Darth Sidious, a sith. Was I becoming a sith, considering the fact I'd just shot a group of people with lightning?

I looked up briefly to see Finn looking at me, as shocked as myself. He must have followed me, seen me kill those stormtroopers, and chased after me. My mouth hanging open, he saw the fear in my eyes and began running closer, over to me.

"No, no!" I shouted at him, stepping back. "I don't want to hurt you, Finn, you better stay back,"

"Have you ever done that before?" he questioned, daring to step forward slightly.

"No, it's not typically a Jedi skill," I swallowed, taking a deep breath. I knew why if done it though; like Jax said, I'd overdosed on the force, and then I'd gotten too angry.

"How'd you know?"

"My uncle... The emperor was a sith lord, and he tried to kill my uncle Luke with that skill," I explained, then panicked when I painted myself as a sith. "I'm not a sith, I swear it. Trust me, I've never done it before, or anything considered a dark ability,"

Finn made to say something else, but I watched as his eyes drifted to behind me. Feeling the force pull me to turn around, feeling a pull I hadn't felt since the fall of the academy, I turned, to see a tall, dark figure, wearing a heavy mask, carrying a limp body. I felt a flutter in my heart as I realised why the force was pulling me over there.

Ben.

Finn, however, took more note of the body in his arms, which I noticed seconds after Ben; Rey.

Finn and I both began running at the same time, but I was faster, and soon left him behind as he screamed Rey's name. Holding my hand out, I felt my lightsaber fly into my grip, all whilst I sprinted, my legs and lungs aching, practically forgetting the crippling fear I felt only moments previously.

"Ben!" I screamed, desperate for him to turn around and see me. He may have killed everyone at the academy, but he was still my brother, and I had missed him dearly. I thought that if I could just get him to look at me, he'd come to me.

I wasn't that lucky. Instead, he continued walking, and carried Rey off into his ship which soon took off, leaving me staring back up at it with disappointment. Running my hands through my hair, I watched it fly off with my brother and friend inside. I'd lost them both at the same time.

I don't know why, but I kept running in the direction the ship had flown in. Desperation had overtaken me. Just seeing him after so long re-awoke my big sister instinct, my need to look after him, protect him and be with him. My eyes followed the ship desperately, as I watched it fly away without a care. I didn't realise I was screaming his name, until I felt my father's grip on my shoulders, stopping me in my tracks abruptly. Struggling against his grip, I pulled against him, trying to stop him from stopping me running, even though there was no point in running.

"Please..." I muttered desperately.

"He's gone," Dad said, almost sternly, not looking at me. "You won't gain anything from trying to follow him,"

"He's my brother, and your son!" I snapped out at him, my face turning into a glare. I tried to contain my emotions, as I was starting to remind myself from before, after I lost Ben the first time. I didn't want to repeat what just happened.