Job

The next day I woke up to light blinding me between the cracks in the walls. I squinted until my vision cleared and then I began to process what is around me. I tilted my head up and saw Newt sleeping soundly above me. His mouth was slightly opened as he inhaled and exhaled, with a slow and steady breath at a time. He is still hugging me while sleeping. This is so cute. I looked around to see no one here, so I figured everyone was already awake and working. I sat up a little and slowly slipped out of the hammock. I was careful not to wake Newt. As I started to walk away I tripped over my shoes on the floor. I smacked into the floor and groaned as I sat up and rubbed my head. I looked over to see Newt sitting up with a panicked look on his face. Man does he worry a lot. 

     He looked over at me and his face softened when he saw me. He soon stood up and walked as quick as he could over to me, his limp slowing him down some. He reached a hand out for me to take. I smiled sheepishly and took his hand. In one swift movement he pulled me up off the floor and kissed me. I froze in place as everything processed in my mind. He pulled away after a bit and smiled down at me.

     "Good morning love." he said and started to walk towards the door.

     "Yeah, good morning..." I whispered and walked after him.

     He opened the door for me, but when he saw that I had my head ducked down he grabbed my arm. I looked up to see him staring intently at me. 

     "What's wrong?" he asked, concern lacing his voice.

     "Nothing." I stated and looked away.

     He moved closer to my face and his stare got serious.

     "S-sorry for waking you up, I meant to leave and let you sleep."

    He chuckled and let go of my forearm. 

     "Love, even if you didn't fall and wake me up, I would have woke up because you wouldn't be there. I wouldn't be able to sleep if you weren't there. Either way I would have woke up and looked for you. " He said and smiled.

     My face went extremely red and I looked down. I sat there for a moment, before I looked up and started giggling. He looked at me confused, but soon joined in and started laughing himself. After we quit laughing and I caught my breath I looked up at him and smiled.

     "How about we go get some breakfast?" I asked and grabbed his hand.

     He smiled and nodded. He closed the door to the homestead and gripped my hand in his.

     Before we could even make it to the kitchen, Minho ran past us.

     "How was your time sleeping, lovebirds?" He shouted and winked.

     I blushed seeing what he was hinting at. I shook my head and glared at him, ignoring the bright color glowing from my cheeks. Minho just chuckled and ran off to the homestead, not before winking of course. That guy seriously has a winking problem, he needs to invest in some eye drops.

     "For Christmas I am so getting that shank some eye drops for his little winking problem." I said and nudged Newt.

     He laughed and hugged me close to him. I blushed and continued walking with him to the kitchen.

     Once we got our food and sat down, he looked up at me seriously. It almost scared me, and it would be a lie if I said I wasn't a little worried at the face he was giving me. I stared at him waiting for him to speak.

     "Now that you have been here for a couple days, you need a job." he said.

     I groaned and picked at the food on my plate. I stuck out my bottom lip, unintentionally, and looked at the fork I was twirling around. I zoned out again.

     Newt nudged my foot with his and I looked up at him. I gave him a questioning look and he smiled and grabbed for my hand. I pulled away and smirked as he gave me a puppy face. I giggled at his face and grabbed his hand. He smiled and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb. I stared at our intertwined hands and blushed a little from the thought. 

     "When do we start?" I asked and finally made eye contact with him, only to blush and look away a second later.

     He laughed and gripped my hand tighter, but not painful.

     "How about now?" he grinned and pulled me up from my seat and out of the kitchen.

     The last thing I heard was Frypan whistle and laugh as Newt pulled me out into the glade. My job training begins.