Missing

I felt as someone was shaking me. My eyes snapped open to meet with brown ones. I smiled instantly. I lifted my head up and pecked his cheek. Newt smiled at the action and helped me sit up. It was then that I realized that I went from sitting between his legs to flat on top of him. We went from resting against the wall to on the floor. I sighed and rubbed my eyes, too tired to think clearly.

     "Minho isn't back from the maze yet." Newt exclaimed.

     Suddenly I was able to think clearly again. I jumped up and ran to the maze entrance, it will close any minute now. I froze as I heard the grinding of the walls. I whipped my head to the left to see that the walls had began to close. Shuck, Minho isn't back yet. I bit onto the side of my index finger and tapped my foot against the pavement. I grinned a little when I saw Minho round the corner. By now there was a crowd that had formed around me. They all shouted for him to hurry the shuck up and get into the glade already. I sat there silently watching him sprint closer. He made it into the glade with ease, the doors still closing as he ran in. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth as I looked at him. Everyone in the crowd smiled and began asking him questions. Newt and I just awkwardly stood to the side holding hands. Minho walked up to us and grinned.

      "Lovebirds." he said.

     "Why were you late? You had me worried." I said and shoved his shoulder.

     "Hey, no harming another glader." he said with a wink.

     "Oh please, I could do a lot worse." I said with an innocent smile.

     "Try me bitch." he said and put his hands on his hips.

     I shoved him playfully and grinned as he placed his hand on his chest, taken aback. He smiled back and walked off, not before winking of course. 

     "Newt, I thought it never rained in the glade." I said.

     "It doesn't." he replied.

     "Then why don't we ask Alby about it?" I asked.

     "Because I don't know where he is, he went missing." Newt said.

     "What?! Why didn't you tell me?!" I asked.

     "Because Gally is missing also and I don't want you getting hurt. Alby will show up again and if he doesn't we can go look for him. He hasn't been missing for too long, only a few hours. Don't worry about it yet." Newt explained.

     "Says the one who's worried about it." I snorted.

     "Shut up."