Limp

I cried out in pain as my attacker's grip tightened on my wrists. They lowered their face closer to mine and glared at me. I froze when I realized who it was. Gally.

     "I'll Kill you!" he repeated.

     Many thoughts were flying through my head at the moment. My number one thought being to get the shuck out of this situation. I brought my knee up fast and nailed him in the crotch. He soon fell off of me and covered the pained area. I took the chance to stand up and run. His hand shot out and grabbed my ankle and I fell back to the ground. I kicked his wrist and he cried out in pain. I smiled victoriously and ran off.

     It took me a good five minutes to make it back to the glade. I could tell that he was close behind me as I made it out of the woods. I took the chance to scream for help then.

     "Help!" I repeated over and over.

     it was night time already, so most were asleep. I would feel bad for waking the gladers if my life wasn't on the line at the moment. I looked over to see some people finally starting to wake up and head towards me. Before I had a chance to yell again I was tackled to the ground. I groaned as my head made contact with the ground. I cried out as Gally's fist connected with my jaw. 

     "It's your fault!" he yelled and continued to punch me.

     I shoved him back as much as I could, but it was no use. No matter what I tried he wouldn't quit. Moments later, Minho finally came to the rescue. He ripped Gally away from me and shoved him to the ground.

     "What the shuck are you doing?!" Minho yelled.

     I scurried backwards as three other gladers came up and pinned Gally to the ground. They dragged him off to the slammer. I sat there for a minute to steady my breathing. I could feel as my heartbeat in my chest slowly eased back to normal. I stood up and limped to the medjack hut to get cleaned up. I plan on just going to sleep after all this. 

     I walked into the hut to see Newt still by Alby's side at the bed. Jeff turned around and jumped when he saw me. He looked me up and down with a worried expression.

     "(Y/N)! What happened?!" Jeff yelled.

     "Long story. I will tell you tomorrow, but right now I just want to get cleaned up and go to bed." I replied with a weak smile.

     He nodded his head and motioned for me to sit down on one of the beds. He asked for me to show everywhere that I was hurt, so I did. Turns out it was my left ankle, right knee, face, left rib cage,  and both of my wrists. He cleaned all of my cuts and bruises. Some of my cuts were extremely deep and he had to wrap them. By the time he was done I had bandages everywhere. 

     "Thanks." I said and tried to stand up.

     As soon as I put pressure on my left ankle I fell to the floor. I cried out in pain and I could have sworn I heard a faint crack. Jeff helped me up back onto the bed and smiled sadly at me.

     "Looks like you broke your ankle." Jeff whispered.

     Newt all of a sudden fell out of his chair. He jumped up as soon as he fell and ran over to us. He ran to me and grasped my hand tightly. I cried out as he gripped my wrist. His eyes went wide and he soon let go.

     "What the fuck happened?!" he yelled.

     "Would you pipe the fuck down! People are sleeping!" I harshly whispered.

     He frowned at me and lightly gripped my hand. I smiled at him.

     "I'm fine." I whispered.

     "Okay yeah sure. I may have been asleep, but I heard what Jeff said." he said with a smirk.

     I cursed under my breath and looked to the floor. Suddenly it seemed very interesting. Not even a minute later Newt picked me up. I shot my head up in surprise and gave him a questioning look.

     "What are you doing?" I asked as he carried me out of the hut.

     "We are going to bed." he said.

     "What about Alby?" I asked.

     He walked up to his hammock and sat down. He pulled me into the hammock so I was sitting beside him.

     "Alby can wait until tomorrow." Newt whispered since we were in the homestead.

     "No Newt you can't leave h-" I got cut off.

     "Until tomorrow." Newt whispered again.

     I frowned but nodded my head.

     "Your stubborn as shuck." I said and leaned back on the hammock.

     He followed my actions and soon enough we were both cuddling. I sighed in relief as I finally got a break from today. Never thought I would be this happy to lay in a very uncomfortable hammock. I cuddled closer to Newt and he smiled. He kissed the top of my head and then rested his chin there.

     It was silent for a couple of minutes until I decided to speak up.

     "Newt?" I asked.

     "Mhm." he replied, half asleep.

     "Why do you have a limp?" I asked.

     He sighed and opened his eyes. He sat there for a minute, in thought.

     "Because I... You know what? Let's just go to sleep." he said and buried his head in the crook of my neck.

     I could feel that his breath went ragged from the question. I shivered as he breathed heavily against my neck. I shifted a bit and closed my eyes. Considering his reaction I figured it's best to wait until he's ready to tell me.

     "I'll wait until you're ready to tell me." I whispered, now half asleep.

     "Thanks love." he said.

     Soon enough we both fell asleep to the same thought in our heads, his limp.