SINFUL - 38 (Part I)

He just prayed that Kobe wouldn't get burned by Raheem like he had.

"I don't understand why your bro has it in for me." Raheem chortled as though it didn't affect him in the slightest. For the first time during the conversation, Kobe agreed because he didn't quite understand it either. "But say nuttin, it's me and him init."

Raheem felt some type of way and knew it wouldn't be right to just leave Kobe; knowing the state that he was in; knowing he was upset. Knowing he was the one who was responsible for putting him in that mood. Even if they didn't speak, he'd just stay with him for a while. It would also allow him time to dwell on what his next move would be. He was finally beginning to understand what the root of all of this was.

He sent Adeola a WhatsApp message to see if he would be ready soon to go to Trent's house as he was having a small get-together that night. They were all well aware that it would be more than that, however Raheem didn't mind as he'd rather be getting intoxicated with his boys than let his thoughts gnaw away at him the way they currently were. He noticed that Adeola had read his message and instead of replying, he'd sent Raheem a video via Snapchat.

"This guy..." Raheem chuckled, holding his phone out over the gear stick so that Kobe too could see Adeola admiring himself and swearing blind that his beard was slowly but surely formulating. He had observed from the video that Adeola had gotten a fresh haircut and was back home getting ready. "He loves showing his chest man!" Adeola was only wearing black ripped jeans and a Ferragamo belt, so his toned, muscular torso was in plain view. As the video ended Raheem had an expression of mock grimace on his face. He then aimlessly looked at a few snap stories that had just been uploaded.

"Rah..." He muttered with slight surprise as he watched the video Zach had uploaded ten minutes before. "Isn't that Cynthia?" He was focused on his phone but still saw how Kobe's head immediately snapped in his direction. He watched Lola looking carefree and far too cosy beside Zach, which made him raise a brow. The whole hood knew whether they were together or on a break, Lola belonged to Shaydun. Raheem found himself shaking his head in amusement at the thought of what this could ultimately lead to. Shaydun was a nutcase to put it quite frankly - he was wild, and he was reckless. He sort of reminded Raheem of...himself back in the days. On Zach's left was Cynthia, who briefly smiled towards the camera before her lashes fluttered and she averted her gaze to another direction. Now, when he looked at her, he really saw Andrea. He found himself trying to pinpoint all the differences her new short pixie cut made to her face. Every delicate feature was now in full view, it seemed odd to him that he hadn't realised how beautiful she was until recently. But then, he hadn't been looking at her, not really. That's probably why he was somewhat taken aback. Now she seemed older, bolder, and even quirky. She was stunning in an understated way.

"What? Where?" Kobe took the phone from his palm.

"Zach's snap."

"Zach?" Raheem watched Kobe's nostrils flare as he searched for Zach on his Snapchat friends list to replay the video. His eyebrows creased in distaste as he peered at the screen of Raheem's phone. As much as he loved Lola, he knew that she and Cynthia were cut from a different clothe. He hated that Cynthia was around these boys. It wasn't a big deal but he couldn't help but feel uneasy, irritated and a small part of him was jealous. It wasn't that he didn't think she could handle herself or that he wasn't cool with the boys, he was just knee deep in his feelings when it came to her. His pride was troubled that she seemed to be happily chilling with them, it had him on edge. He couldn't compose himself. And it then sent endless questions seeping into his mind which just worsened his bad mood. "Why's she with these man for?" He hissed, Kobe watched the video with the meanest mug Raheem had seen in a while and it truly made him want to snigger. Raheem knew it was because Kobe had already been in a foul mood that this had p*ssed him off more than it should have.