SINFUL - 8

It really annoyed me that Andrea always had Raheem around at ours, whenever our mother wasn't home. I wasn't jealous or anything, I just would have appreciated it if they could sometimes chill at his house or just outside somewhere. I had been so slumped from the party that I'd missed my dad's coaching session. When I had got back from work, I rolled my eyes at the sight of Raheem's car outside. As soon as I opened the front door, I kicked off my shoes, dropped my bag and unbuttoned the first button on my shirt. Andrea's shrill laughter travelled from the kitchen into the hallway where I stood. I sighed with joy at the scent of jerk chicken, plaintain and jollof rice. I hurried to the kitchen wondering why my mum was home and not at work. I stopped at the opening of our kitchen and watched as Andrea sat on the kitchen worktop with her legs wrapped around Raheem's waist. Her fitted white tank top had been lifted, exposing the dimples on her lower back and the colourful beads that sat on her waist. Raheem's head buried in Andrea's chest, all I could saw from here were his dark curls and one of his muscular arms that was holding her. It was strange and almost shameful, that I silently watched them in awe. I didn't know that my mouth was slightly agape. My eyes were transfixed and my breathing began to quicken. Andrea began to moan deeply, and her thighs began to tremble in a rhythm. Her moans intensified and heightened, before dropping down into short whimpers. She opened her legs wider and leaned back slightly and I gasped when I realised where Raheem's other hand was and what it was doing. I must have not have been as inconspicuous as I believed because Raheem's head rose at the sound of my gasp and our eyes locked. I swallowed and managed to tear my eyes away instantly. Within the same very second I slid my body behind the ledge of the door and out of sight. It took a few moments for the rate of my heartbeat to become regular again, I walked back down the hallway and ran up the stairs to my room ignoring the hardness of my nipples and how they felt so strained against the fabric of my bra. I was so annoyed that Raheem had seen me, why wasn't I so invisible to everyone anymore? Life was easier like that.

I changed out of my work uniform into a pair of grey drop-crotch tracksuit bottoms and an oversized t-shirt with NWA on it. My hair was tragic, I actually wasn't used to maintaining it in this state, and I'd gone to work with hair falling out of my bun at my temple and at the back of my head. I didn't want to put any gel because I didn't know how to slick my hair the same way Noelle had done it for me. I had two choices – I could learn to wear my natural hair or play it safe and go back to braids. I put on my laptop and took out my English Literature texts; I would ponder on my hair dilemma later as I had work to do. 20 minutes had barely passed when I ran my head down my face as my belly rumbled loudly, I couldn't go back downstairs. This predicament was irritating me, I wanted to go downstairs and fill my plate with as much food that could fit on the plate and eat until I was about to burst and then fall into a lovely sleep. But I didn't want to be around the two of them, the liar and the one who'd caught me staring.

"F*ck sake." I hissed to myself, pushing Wuthering Heights away and flopping down on my bed. I lay on my bed with my hands up in front of me texting both Micah and Noelle consecutively. "Star boy I was born to glow, God blessed a g, I just need me a diamond to shine next to me." I rapped along with the Youngs Teflon song that was playing through my speakers. I enjoyed the vibrated from the bass; it made me feel so tranquil.

"Cynthia?" I heard Andrea call me name from behind the door.

"Yes?" I'm sure she heard the snappiness of my tone.

"When did you get back?" She pushed open my door and I pretended I was still preoccupied with my phone when I saw Raheem standing behind her. He was holding her close from behind at her waist. I didn't understand why he felt that was necessary especially as she had a plate full of hot food in her hands.

"Not long ago."

"Ahhh this a big tune, whatchu say Youngs!" Raheem interjected. I briefly peered up at him and then averted my eyes back to my phone as though he hadn't said anything. I wasn't quite sure why this irrelevant was speaking. Andrea said something to him that I didn't quite hear, he then left and she walked into my room and sat on the edge of my bed.