SINFUL - 59

Layla's head jerked intuitively towards the baby monitor when she realised that the sound was slightly distorted. She kissed her teeth and peeled her satin dress off of the top of the bedside table, realising it had cloaked the baby monitor, muffling the sound. Layla's hands rose up to her temple when the sound of Nadira's cries grew louder. She exhaled heavily while swivelling her naked body around so that she was now facing Temi, to see him face down snoring into his pillows. Whenever Temi was in her presence, her eyes could never just briefly glance at him. They were instructed to adore him, to behold him. His deep brown skin looked shockingly perfect against the crisp ivory bedsheets, his complexion was so rich and radiant. When regarding Temi, one had no choice but to behold the wonder that he truly was. She loved yet despised how Temi could command anyone's attention with little effort. Part of her was disheartened by the fact that she couldn't see his face, she missed out on another chance to try and figure out what it was about him that had her reeled her in and kept her so firmly close.

Instead of waking Temi up, Layla threw on his hooded jumper and her thong, and went to tend to Nadira. Layla knew that Temi had been up for most of the night tending to his daughter, he had missed out on Zsa Zsa's party because he'd been looking after her so he deserved to sleep. Layla had promised herself she wouldn't get too involved as Nadira was not her child, but the mere fact that she was a part of Temi naturally drew Layla to her. She hadn't intended to but she loved Nadira like she was her own daughter. But of course, nothing could compare to the love she had for Temi, a large portion of her heart was preserved with only him in mind.
Her affection towards Temi was so strong, so fervent, it was almost obsessive. Although she never let him know, she didn't believe she could ever leave him; no matter what he did and that truth quietly petrified her.

Temi was the youngest of four brothers; Tobi and Tola were the first and second born and they both played professional football. Tolu was the third son, who had a budding career in finance. His three older brothers were all one year apart from each other and there was a five year gap between Temi and Tolu, nevertheless all the brothers were close. Temi's parents had been divorced for over ten years, and his father had briskly moved back to Nigeria shortly after. From a young age, Temi had never lacked anything he desired and grew up to be spoilt and entitled. Whereas, Layla had always worked to attain all the things she wanted, she didn't have rich siblings or parents to buy her designer items. But she wouldn't have it any other way because she could see from the way Temi could be, what it looked like to acquire whatever you desired with little or no effort.

As Layla sat up, her heavy limbs reminded her of the rough sex she and Temi had had when she had gotten in. She didn't need to look down to know she'd have bruises gracing her knees, thighs and upper body. When she finally climbed out of his king sized bed and out of the room towards Nadira's nursery, Layla stopped at the neighbouring room suddenly remembering fragments of the night before and some early morning antics. Her feet glided along the heated cream marble floor as she pushed the door open. As usual Michael had gotten paralytically drunk and was in no state to drive, Zach and Kieran weren't either as they too had had a lot to drink. Layla ended up taking off her Louboutin heels and driving Michael's car bare foot to Tobi's apartment. Temi was currently living with Tobi as it was closer to his sixth form than his mother's house but he often bounced back and forth between the two. The family home that his brothers had purchased for their mother was beautiful but nothing could compare to Tobi's swanky penthouse apartment. Layla shook her head light-heartedly as she viewed Michael sprawled on the bed, face down and fully clothed, his dark Valentino trainers hanging off the edge of the bed. Kieran was beside him snoring rhythmically with his mouth ajar, his feet extended onto the indigo velvet armchair that was positioned beside the bed. His white shirt which had been stained with vomit and various girls' foundations was draped over an arm of the chair. Zach was perched by one of the large windows at the far end of the room, talking to someone on his phone. It sounded to her like he was ordering food, they all definitely needed something in their stomachs.