SINFUL - 24

Noelle stumbled back in dismay and I genuinely thought she would lunge forward and slap Micah. I watched him smirk as we all remained silent. Micah took a cautious step back in the little space he had which was smart of him. I think we were all really awaiting Noelle's dramatic reaction. Instead there was just more silence, but I could have sworn I saw a smile pass Noelle's lips. I was in absolute disbelief, it all happened so quickly. There I was, stood awkwardly amidst the pair feeling like the third wheel. Part of me was shocked but then I knew Micah so well, he was definitely capable of such. He kept blinking rapidly like he always did when he felt like he was under pressure; all I needed now was for his nose to start bleeding; that would have made my day. I would have found myself rolling on the floor in a fit of laughter and tears.
As soon as the train stopped, Noelle took my hand and dragged me off. She huffed and fanned her face as though she was heated. She pushed her ponytail away from her cheek as the restless wind blew it in her face, she was evidently agitated. As we walked along the platform, I was trying to read her expression; she peered at me but said nothing. I was waiting for her to speak. I could see Noelle was experiencing an inward battle with herself, her mind was wandering...
"Oh sheeeeet! This ain't even our stop!" Noelle's eyes widened in realisation as she finally took notice of her surroundings.
"You're the one who rushed us off." I regarded her knowingly. She felt my heavy gaze and finally met my eyes. We burst into a fit of laughter as we waited for the next train.
"Cynthia..." She began to shake her head and it was like I already knew what words would fall off her lips when she continued to speak.
"Cynthia...did your friend actually just do that?" I could see it on her face that her mind was continuously processing what had just happened. I could only laugh at the way in which she had asked me that question. "How dare he? Is he actually mad?" Noelle turned towards me. "I'm a mug init? Micah thinks he can play these f*cked up games with me. I'm not the one you know, he can fully count me out." I watched the frustration on her face as we got on the train once more. The whole way to my dad's house she was ranting.

*

Numerous eyes automatically swivelled to Kobe's direction at the sound of his echoing laughter. He was sat on a table alone with his textbooks, photo copied sheets, his thick lined notepad and iPad sprawled across the large space. He had made himself comfortable with his feet resting on a chair across from him. His jacket had been thrown on the chair to his left and his dark grey suede Nike huaraches were scattered somewhere beneath him. One hand held his phone to his ear as the other arm was positioned at the back of his neck.
"Big man ting!?"
"Nahhhh Micah you're gassing! You're actually gassing!" Kobe laughed heartily, ignoring the fact that he was in the library. From what he could hear Micah was walking along the road as he told him what he had just done on the train. "Did she slap you?" Kobe was extremely amused; he wished he was present to see Noelle's reaction. "I'm so certain Noelle gave you a hot slaaaahp!" The more Micah laughed, the more it caused Kobe to too.
"Fam, she didn't do anything! I know she likes me man I'm telling you! Bruddaaaa I'm gonna get that girl. Trust me." Micah spoke with sincerity.
"She didn't do anything, huh? Nah that can't be right. That don't sound like the Noelle I know."
"I know...guess that's the affect I have on her."
"You're a gassed ute with your hook head." Kobe teased.
"Ayyyy allow me man! Anyway yeah man... I did it without thinking you know. Then after I was kinda like f*ck. she's gonna go mad but she literally just dragged Cynthia off the train with her."
"Madting then..."
"Trusttttt." Micah chuckled.
"This n*gga is tryna do uk love and hip hop. Everyday drama with these yatties."
"Kobe I'm gonna bang you in your mouth I swear to you. Keep talking sh*t." Micah's anger cause Kobe to laugh more and only fuelled his taunting behaviour.
"Don't let these girls ambush you. When it goes down, don't say I never told you b. Don't call me when you're getting rushed."
Micah howled in laughter, he couldn't even be mad with his friend, Kobe was too funny.
"You're a serious d*ckhead, dumb lighty."
"It's only right b."
"My f*cking g!"
"But seriously...what about your ting?" Kobe knew all too well how gossip could spread around this college so he purposely omitted Amaka's name from the conversation.
"You know w-"
"Excuse me; are you talking on the phone?" The security guard approached Kobe as he slipped his phone under his books and ended the call.
"Nah b, relax." He responded when he saw the disgruntled look on the man's face.
"Keep your voice down please." He gave him an unconvinced look as he walked past his table. Once he was out of sight, Kobe continued his conversation with Micah via text. He returned to the research he was doing on his iPad but soon grew bored. He went on his Snapchat app and watched several of the stories on his timeline. He eagerly opened Cynthia's Snapchat, she was laughing into the camera and Noelle could be seen in the background with a serious scowl on her face. The snap that followed was a selfie of Noelle on her own with her middle finger up with the caption reading "For you f*ck boys". After watching some more stories he came across Raheem's one.