SINFUL - 79

Andrea noticed Kobe's expression had softened reassuringly, he exhaled evidently feeling drained. "Kobe?" Andrea cautiously uttered, pausing as she rested her weary eyes on his vacant ones. "What do you think...will happen? Is Raheem gonna make it?" Her voice was barely above a whisper as she queried him. Andrea could hardly contain the whimper that was threatening to burst from her, she thought she was strong enough to deal with more bad news but she wasn't so sure now. Andrea's hand clung onto the bannister and she felt her stomach dip aggressively. Every muscle in her body clenching as she observed Kobe shift slightly in the spot he'd been standing at the foot of the stairs. Even she was stunned that she had so easily exposed her vulnerability to him, all her defences had dissolved.

"It's not his time, Raheem's gonna be calm. He's a tough yute." She stole a glance at Kobe, his composed face giving nothing away but still, Andrea marginally felt at ease. She blinked repeatedly, wondering if he would say anything else. However, they dwelled in silence. Kobe's nostrils flared a little, his eyes quickly flickered away from her. His soft expression transitioning into a steely one and Andrea swiftly detected the distaste that emerged on his face. Kobe left the hallway without saying anything else to Andrea, she turned around and walked back up to her bedroom, realising that just like that, the dynamic between them had gone back to normal. 

Andrea felt her stomach grumble as she picked her phone up from her bed. She saw a message from Amaka and one for Moses. Before she could open and read his message, guilt and shame began to ripple through her, the searing pain in her chest resurfacing as she unlocked her phone.

We still good for tomorrow?

She re-read his message and came to the conclusion that she did not know how she would respond. Since meeting Moses, he and Andrea had been avidly messaging back and forth everyday, swapping voice notes, videos and pictures via Snapchat and had even had a few engaging phone conversations. They were clearly both very attracted to one another, the sexual tension was building wonderfully between them and it was clear that Andrea and Moses were eager to have sex at the earliest convenience. They had made plans to link up and Andrea was very aware of what that could entail.

Moses was the perfect distraction, a beautiful one.

Andrea knew she had selfish tendencies but now her conscience was genuinely getting the better of her.

She locked her phone without replying to his message, currently feeling nauseous as all she could think about presently was Raheem. Andrea allowed her body to flop onto her bed and huffed as she stared blankly at her bedroom ceiling. Soon, she heard Kobe's footsteps bolting up the stairs and him entering Cynthia's bedroom. She often pondered as to how their relationship was going now that Cynthia barely spoke to her, thats all she could do - wonder. She was happy that Cynthia was happy, especially knowing that Kobe was very much unlike Prince. It was obvious to Andrea that they had been having sex, and although she was in no position to dictate to her younger sister, Andrea hoped Cynthia was being responsible and careful. Kobe was constantly at their house so most of the time, she tried her best to stay out of both of their way.

Once she could hear that Kobe was settled in Cynthia's room, Andrea crept back downstairs and took a generous portion of lasagne. She warmed herself a plate, snatched a bottle of Supermalt from the fridge and sat in the front room, trying to rationalise her thoughts. Andrea flicked through her Amazon Prime and played the episode of Desperate Housewives she had been watching the previous day. When she had finished eating, she finished the episode then returned back to her room. Her heart thumped in her chest when she saw she had a missed FaceTime call from Moses. Instinctively, Andrea tore off the headscarf she had been wearing and smoothed down the stray hairs on her lace closure. After getting home from college, she hadn't wiped off her make up, so she now had an oily forehead and nose. Andrea grabbed her powder brush and hastily blotted the oily areas, and applied a thick layer of lipgloss to her lips. She brushed her hair neatly, allowing some of it to fall beside her ear and the rest of it to cascade behind her. She swiped her finger along her screen, biting her lip as she anticipated how their conversation would go. She had no idea what to say to Moses, and yet she was looking forward to it as she realised she was already very fond of him.