SINFUL - 67

Kobe trudged dubiously back to his car and sat inside but hadn't gotten around to turning his engine on. Instead, he was still as he fretfully contemplated what to do. There was a part of him that wanted to continue knocking and calling his brother because his gut was telling him that Prince was intentionally ignoring him. He knew Prince very well, which is why Kobe wasn't entirely shocked when a fervent wave of worry shot through him before finally simmering in the pit of his stomach. Even from where he was he could see the white x6, Kobe couldn't stop staring and wondering what was happening; he found himself trying to come to some sort of feasible rationale.

This was yet another convoluted plot in the story that was his life. 

Prince may have seen it  as his way of protecting Kobe, but by keeping him in the dark all he was doing was positioning his younger brother in the line of grave danger.

He sent Cynthia a message, asking her to call him when she was leaving Layla's. Kobe rested his head against his leather seat, releasing a heavy breath as he tried not to let anxiety take a hold of him. He just sat very still; holding his right arm over his face for a moment, blocking his sight. Kobe closed his eyes, hoping for a minute or so where his mind wasn't polluted with so many thoughts. Just peace, quiet, just nothing. Just the sound of occasional cars breezing past and the footsteps of people who were strolling past his parked car.

His tired eyes blinked open when he thought he had heard a familiar laugh. Before the female had even walked past his car, Kobe was trying to remember where he knew her from, he recognised that laugh. So loud and shrill. As she drew nearer, Kobe shamelessly stared; his almond orbs quickly scanning the guy who had his arm thrown over her shoulder and her large protruding stomach.

Rachael.

Kobe felt himself becoming slightly flushed involuntarily and his body momentarily became rigid.

She had been his first real crush.

Memories of her came flooding back to him, very quickly infesting his mind with lustful thoughts. As that comforting nostalgic feeling crept up on him, Kobe was relieved to know she hadn't seen him behind the barrier of his tinted windows. Kobe could recall the night that they had met, that was the same day he had lost his virginity. Kobe had just turned 15, and was at a house party in the block behind the one where he lived. Rachael had been chilling outside the flat, smoking with her friends on the balcony. She had grasped Kobe's attention as soon as he had spotted her, he left his friends and lingered outside just so he could talk to her. Kobe could tell Rachael was older just by the way she carried herself, she oozed sexiness in the simple fitted denim mini dress and fresh white Air Force Ones she was wearing. Her skin was smooth and a rich terracotta tone, her hair was jet black and thick. She wore it in a low ponytail which she slicked down with a side part. He liked how brazen and confident she appeared, she laughed so loud and carelessly. Her demeanour was so vibrant, everything about her was striking so it was difficult not to notice her. And once he had, Kobe was transfixed. Kobe remembers her turning to him and catching him staring at her, his face was slightly flushed as their eyes met. She smiled a little as she took him in, bringing her spliff to her lips and inhaling whilst still keeping her eyes trained on him. She could tell he was interested in her but hesitant to speak so she spoke first. 

"What you looking at?" She teased, tilting her head and sticking her tongue out cheekily.

"You." He smirked wryly before his eyes flickered away from her.

"Is that so?" Her left eyebrow cocked up as she blew out smoke."Well, hey cutie...you remind me of Simba you know."

"Simba?" Kobe croaked, feeling nervous as well as perplexed.