Chapter Three

Chase made quick work of untying Angus and coaxing him to head off in the opposite direction. He was going to catch hell from his brother Trent when he got home if he didn't return with the ornery bull, but, if everything worked out as planned, he might be able to deliver Mackenzie to her car, get her phone number and wrangle Angus back to the ranch. All in time to enjoy a beer before supper.

Even without the bull, his brother would forgive him once he explained what had kept him from completing his task today. He turned and gazed at the beauty sitting on top of Rio like Lady Godiva and his cock twitched with approval. That little darling could be the one to fill the third rocker on the front porch which had been sitting empty for way too long. Not since Tina.

Chase winced at the name. She had been a bad choice. Tina wasn't the kind of woman you settled down with, he knew that now. But when a man started pushing thirty, he wanted things. A wife to keep the home fires burning. A passel of kids to bounce on your knee and carry on the family name. Chase sighed. Tina hadn't wanted any of that. All she wanted was a good fuck and to add them to the notches on her belt buckle. She took off at the first better offer who came her way and was currently some mistress of an oilman in Dallas. A married oilman.

Neither of the brothers had loved Tina, but her blatant dismissal still hurt. After she backed up her bags and left rather dramatically, Trent had given up on trying to find the one, but Chase refused. He knew deep down there was someone out there meant for the both of them and she could damn well be sitting in his saddle right now. Smiling to himself, he walked over to Rio and looked up Mackenzie. His heart galloped when her green eyes met his and she gave him one of those slight shy smiles. She was a nervous little filly, he would have to be careful around her so he wouldn't spook her.

Chase swung up into the saddle, settling her so she sat part way in the seat with him and partly on his lap, her shapely legs laid over the top of his. He gritted his teeth as her little bottom wiggled into a comfortable spot. Reaching around to grab the reins, he took a deep inhale of her hair. The smell of lavender was strong and the soft strands of strawberry blond tickled his nose. Heaven, she smelled and felt like heaven.

"Ready, darlin'," he groaned out. He had a feeling he was going to be spending a lot of time in a permanent state of arousal around her.

She nodded, turning her head over her shoulder to look at him. The excitement on her face lighting it up like a Christmas tree. "Yes," she giggled. "I haven't been on a horse in years."

Goddamn, she took his breath away. "Well, I'm glad I could be of service then." He smiled back at her, resisting the urge to pull her the rest of the way to him and testing the sweetness of her lips with his.

When she turned back around, he wrapped one arm around her waist. Grabbing hold of the reins with the other, he gave Rio a little squeeze with his thighs and together they headed for the river. And that's when Chase experienced the worst torture of his life. Her luscious ass kept rhythm with the motion of the horse and kept rocking gently against his cock. Images of actually entering her in long strokes from behind made sweat start beading on his upper lip.

"How long has your family been in the ranching business?"

"My brother and I grew up here and took over from our dads a few years ago. They purchased it from an elderly couple who wanted to move to Florida. So our family has owned it for 60 years give or take." He managed to answer calmly, though he felt anything but. Damn it. He needed to get a grip.

"Dads?" Two big green eyes turned towards him and she looked at him intently.

"What do you know about our little town of Rapture?"