Chapter Fourteen

Mackenzie lifted her beer to her lips and took a large gulp as she continued to peer up into the two pairs of identical, brilliant, blue eyes solely focused on her. Chase's held that familiar mischievous, heated twinkle she had come to recognize, but his brother...his had an intense look to them that made her pounding heart stutter. Both brawny and overwhelmingly masculine cowboys were dressed to impress. The mother of pearl buttons on Chase's white button down western shirt glimmered in the lights and stretched across his wide shoulders. A nice straw Stetson pulled low on his brow, gave him a dangerous edge that made her cheeks warm along with other areas. Wiggling in her chair, her eyes roved over Trent who was a captivating carbon copy dressed in a black shirt and matching felt hat.

They were a vision of a sensual yin and yang...good boy...bad boy and the vibe emanating from them had every women in the Mustang turning in their chairs for a glimpse.  Mackenzie had always heard the clothes made the man, but in this case...yeah...it was definitely the other way around. Those two men made the clothes. They just oozed sex appeal and the sight of them sent a jolt of unexpected lust pulsing through her system which pooled heatedly between her legs.

Those fiery stares from them held hers for several long moments before she could finally tear her gaze away. No man had ever looked at her the way they were right now and her face burned hot as she felt her cheeks flush. Squirming in her chair, she took yet another slug of beer in hopes the cold beverage would cool her suddenly warm skin. For some odd reason, the line from that Austin Powers Goldmember movie kept floating through her alcohol soaked brain...Twins, Basil...twins! A giggle bubbled up, but she quickly swallowed it back with another gulp of beer.

"Well...if it isn't the Stark brothers," Bailey murmured in a deep husky drawl, one of her red nails slowing circling the rim of her glass. "I swear, you two are hot enough to make the devil sigh."

"I'd say," muttered Lily, throwing her blond hair over her shoulder and giving Chase and Trent a wide smile. Kara nudged her none too gently in the ribs and she turned to her with a frown. "What?"

Kara gave her a shake of her head before turning to the brothers. "Hi Chase...Trent," she said with a little wave. "Have a seat." She indicated a couple of empty chairs from a nearby table with a sweep of her hand.

"Don't mind if we do," Chase drawled, sending Mackenzie a grin that made her pulse pick up speed.

He and his brother dragged the chairs over to their table and folded their thickly muscled frames into them. One on either side of her and all their attention returned once again to focus on her. Something she wasn't exactly used to. Jumpin' Jehoshaphat, was it getting warmer in here, Mackenzie wondered as she took another unsteady sip of her drink which dribbled down her chin. Cussing under her breath, she went to reach for a cocktail napkin, but Trent had gotten there first. With his eyes never leaving hers, he gently brought it up and wiped the few drops off her chin. Her breath lodged in her throat as he slowly moved the napkin down to capture the one rebel trickle that had landed on her chest exposed bare by the low cut blouse Kara had insisted she borrow. What seemed innocent enough, felt so erotic...so intimate...she trembled from the touch.

"There...all gone," he huskily said, a small smile touching his full lips.

"Thank you," she managed to garble out, still held captive by his fixed stare.

"What brings you boys over to our side of the Mustang?" Bailey asked, her red lips stretching into a knowing smile as she gave Mackenzie a little wink.

She wished she knew whatever the heck it was Bailey did, Mackenzie thought to herself as her eyes bobbed from one man next to her to the other. She blinked, hard...trying to get her fuzzy brain to concentrate which only ended up giving her a bit of a headache for her efforts.