eight

It was late at night and I found myself still in Maria's apartment. We lingered on each other's conversations, passing from a topic to another.

I laughed way too loudly at one of her stories, causing myself to clamp my mouth shut. She was someone I could easily have a laugh with, and I enjoyed it.

"Shh! Harry, my neighbors around me will hear you." Maria shook her head, laughing also.

"I didn't mean to laugh that hard, I apologize." I lightly blushed in embarrassment and turned my head away from her. All it took for me to laugh that insane were her hilarious stories.  I couldn't resist.

We began to talk about everything or anything until we ran out of things to say.

It was now three in the morning. Maria lost that bet as she fell asleep on the couch, her head resting against my shoulder. I was watching a 90's movie on the television, but having Maria in my arms constantly fought for my attention.

I glanced down at her, watching her breathe and sleep peacefully in her slumber. She looked so undeniably beautiful. Her smooth and porcelain skin, her defined cheekbones, and her plump lips that had her signature red lipstick smeared effortlessly on them. I sighed softly to myself, wondering why the hell I was having these thoughts. I recognized these feelings and I wanted to deny each idea of me wanting to be with her. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't betray my Cherry like that. I knew how much Lucille meant to Cherry, nonetheless me. Lucille still meant the world to me, and I couldn't help but think of her. Like I was being disloyal on mine and Lucille's last moments together.

I also thought about the reason why Maria went to the bar to drink in the first place. Something was bothering her, something I wish I can help her deal with. I somehow felt proud for reaching out to her whenever she was in that troubled state at the bar. I doubt that anyone would've helped her but would rather feel pity. I brought her home and kept her safe. Who knows what would've happened to her?

Without thinking I rubbed my thumb on the side of her arm, comforting her and letting her know that I wasn't letting go anytime soon. Maria shifted and slowly woke up. Her head picked up as she stared at me.

"Um," I shifted too uneasily. "I'm sorry. Did I wake you?"

She shook her head. "No, you didn't. Are you sure that you're not going home?"

The two choices of my life and my love life flashed in my mind. But at the moment I didn't want to escape this wondrous feeling inside me as I sat next to her. I bit my bottom lip and nodded to her question. "I'm staying."

Maria gave me a small smile. "Okay then. Do you-"

I interrupted her question. There we go again, my actions taking over my mind. "Maria."

She raised her eyebrows at me in question. "Yeah?"

"Why did you go to the bar last night?" I said softly to her, immediately regretting what I said. What the hell, Harry.

Tongue-tied, Maria stared her gleaming green eyes at me. After a moment of staring she glanced down and avoided my question. "I just had a rough day."

"No, that's not it." I pushed, my hand dropping down to her waist and gripping onto it. I didn't care about the time right now. I didn't care about any of my surroundings at that moment. All of my attention was on her. "Is everything okay?"

Even though I could not see her eyes as they were staring down at her lap, I saw her lips quiver. "N-no."

She looked like she didn't want to speak again, nor talk about what was wrong. I used a finger to lift her chin up, her obeying my action. I watched as she struggled to keep her tears in. She was feeling her absolute worst.

She looked different now. Her bright green eyes darkened as the tears soon fell down her cheeks. I instantly frowned, my heart sinking at the sight. I didn't want her feeling this way. All I could think of at this saddened moment was to comfort her, to do anything I could to get her to stop. I watched her reaction as I brushed a strand of hair from her face, just like before. Her tears continued to fall while I shakily wiped my thumb under her eyes, my gut feelings growing a lot stronger than before. I slowly leaned my face in to press my lips against hers.

I kissed her gently, as if they were as fragile as her current state. I didn't dare stop myself from how I was feeling. The levels of emotion I was going through felt through the roof.

Her arms made her way around my neck, kissing back. I encircled mine around her waist, pressing her closer to me as I kissed slightly harder. Neither of us were going to break from this and I was all for it. I brought her up into my lap, already feeling the tension between us earlier loosen up. The kiss grew intense and I quickly stood up with her in my arms.

I walked my way into her bedroom, setting her down and going in for another kiss. I got myself on the bed as well and kissed her passionately in the dark, my hands not leaving her body.

I threw my shirt on the floor, the heated kiss fulfilling as warmth rushed through my whole body. Her small and cold hand trailed down my chest, causing me to shiver against her lips. She then pulled away.

I frowned in confusion but instinctively licked my lips when she took a moment to remove her top off.

My eyes stared at her in the dark, the only light from the moon shining her body. I felt my mouth running dry, her beauty making me speechless. "Are.. are you sure?" I didn't want to pressure her into anything she was not sure about.

Maria gave me a reassuring nod, crawling over to me. I felt her cup her hand onto my cheek and bringing me back into another blissful kiss, reaching different levels of euphoria through the night.

Author's Note:

Hello, my loves.

It has literally been almost a year since I last uploaded my recent chapter on here. yikes, I'm sorry!

Last year has been a hell of a roller coaster for me, during the time of my last chapter on here. I was going through a rough time with school, friends, and even people here on wattpad. It made me lose inspiration for my stories throughout the summer since I barely posted. I apologize, but also I needed the time for myself to get better, you know? And of course I didn't want to give you guys crappy chapters just to make y'all happy. I wanted to give good chapters for each of my stories, where I have lots of inspiration/motivation.

Right now I am doing better and I am in college now. (lmao. ikr)

I still have trouble finding time to write, but I miss my love for writing stories tbh. It relaxes me and it takes me to another world, so I didn't have to care about the world I'm in right now that I feel like I struggle in. I hope to write some more chapters soon, my inspiration is slowly growing back. I hope y'all enjoy this little surprise. Please check out my other stories if you want. I just uploaded a new stargazer.com chapter so go give it some love.

I love you all very very much, forgive me in my absence of writing every one in a while. Expect another chapter from here soon. I love you more than you know. This is why I still have my account up and running haha :) mwah. xx

-Camille