ten

I drove quickly back home, immediately parking the car and running inside to see my sweet Cherry. I walked inside and saw Cherry crying loudly at Mrs. Williams, throwing the worst tantrum at her.

"No Cherry, sweetie.." I rushed to her side and scooped her up in my arms, putting the toy that she was about to throw at Mrs. Williams down. "I'm right here-"

"No!!" Cherry shouted at me, kicking her legs and trying to get away from me. Her legs were hitting my chest and almost to my face so I softly let go of her. "Cherry.." I frowned.

I watched her crawl to the other side of the room, her cries slowly stopping. All I wanted was to hold her. I tried to crawl towards her but as soon as she saw me move, she began to cry again. I couldn't make myself move to her.

"Harry, I will just go." Mrs. Williams carefully stood up and walked to the door.

I sighed and waved to her, upset. "Goodbye, Mrs. Williams." I said as she left.

I turned to look back at Cherry. I tried once more to move, but she screamed at me like she was terrified of my presence. "No! Stop it!" She never screamed at me that way before.

I knew that this was between me and Cherry. Right now, bringing Maria or Mrs. Williams back was not going to help this situation. I lowered my voice. "Cherry, you have to stop acting like this. Don't cry."

Cherry shook her head quickly. "No!" She stretched her legs out.

I huffed to try to calm down. I was getting frustrated at her actions. "Come to daddy."

Her small lips quivered as she began to cry. I hated seeing her cry. It made me feel like I was being the worst father. I needed her. "No, I don't want to!"

"Cherry, please.."

"You left me!" Cherry cried out, her hands covering her face. "You left me, like mummy!"

My heart instantly dropped. Her mentioning Lucille was something I already felt guilty for. She remembered how alone she was when Lucille passed. She knew how much Lucille affected me greatly. She was feeling the same way again, and that was what I constantly worried about ever since that day. "No no no... Baby.." I crawled slowly to my crying daughter and held her in my arms as I struggled in holding back my own tears. I never wanted her to feel alone. Not now, not ever.

I leaned in close to her ear. "I will never leave you, sweetheart. Understand? I'm sorry, daddy's here." I rubbed her back gently as she continued to cry on my shoulder. I really failed to be with her today, and I didn't mean to.

I began to sing her a soft tune, a song that Lucille used to sing to her whenever she was crying loudly like this. I continued to rub her back as her cries began to lower, her head now fitted in the crook of my neck. "Let's go sleep, now okay?" My lips pressed against her temple. All I want to do right now is to focus my whole attention towards my daughter and nothing else. I scooted myself beside the couch and waited for my Cherry to fall asleep before I did the same.

Author's Note:

Hey y'all :)) I miss you guys! I've been struggling to keep up on wattpad since I'm busy with college but I am still writing so I had to post this soon enough, hehe. Do you guys like my new covers? This one specifically is adorable :)

Comment and let me know what you think about this chapter! Your support means a lot to me. I love you xx
-Camille