nine

I slowly opened my eyes, being blinded by the bright sun coming from the window. I turned my head slightly to the side to see Maria's naked back facing me. She was asleep. I stared at her back for a moment, seeing a few cute moles and freckles that patched her skin. Her whole body was beautiful, and right then the images of last night flashed before me. I couldn't stop my smile as I remembered what had happened. We were finally together last night, two people forming into one. And I couldn't ask for anything better.

I scoot myself closer to Maria, pressing kisses to her cheek and down to her shoulder. I guess I was feeling needy for her presence. I heard her giggle softly against my touch, as well as trying to move away from me. She squealed as I hugged her tighter. "Harry!"

I lowly chuckled, holding my grip on her. "Hm, what?"

Maria laughed loudly as I playfully went in for another kiss. "No more! Harry.." She beamed her contagious smile at me before covering her face.

"What a beaut." I said with a smile. "Fine fine, I will stop."

She sat up on the bed, turning around to look at me. "Do you want morning coffee?"

I nodded. "Yes, please."

She grinned. "Alright." She stood up and walked her way into the kitchen. I slowly did the same, tidying her bed clean before walking out of the room.

I watched her make the coffees for both her and I, as I sat by the table. She then handed me a mug of delicious coffee and I smiled. "Thanks." I drank the coffee quietly as I steadily woke myself up.

Maybe this was the perfect time to ask her what she's been feeling. As we drank, I could tell she had something bothering in her mind. I cleared my throat and set my coffee mug down. "About last night, what's been troubling you?"

She sighed and took a sip of her coffee before she spoke. "I was never close to my parents. We had our differences and arguments, but last week was the last straw." She shrugged to me. "I left them for good."

"What exactly made you leave them?"

I focused my eyes on her, and I could tell that she was once again avoiding my gaze. "They found out about my past and the hardships I had to sacrifice in order to graduate college." She gripped tighter on her mug. "I had to exchange my body for money to pay for my education."

I continued to stare at her- my mind, of course, shocked that she had to go through such a hard time before I met her. My lips formed into a deep frown. "Maria, I'm so sorry."

She shook her head slowly. "Don't be, Harry. I'm honestly feeling better than the state I was in before. I learned through my experiences and I'm glad I left the last piece of hell behind me." She flickered her eyes back at my saddened ones. At this moment, it was like I was more upset about the situation than she was.

"Well how do you feel now, though?" I asked her. I wish to ease her pain as each new day passes.

She reached for my hand across the dinner table, and I took it, squeezing her hand gently. "Meeting you and Cherry was the best thing that life has blessed me with." Maria softly said, already a smile appearing on her desirable lips. "Being with you especially has made me the happiest I have ever been."

I slowly smiled at her words, blushing at the least. "Now I know you're just trying to sweet talk me."

Maria laughed. "In the nicest way possible, I am most certainly, surely, definitely not." She stood up and walked over to my side as I pulled her to me, leaning upwards while she leaned down to kiss my lips. I reached my hand to cup her cheek, kissing her sweetly. I smiled against her lips. As much as her being happy meeting me in this lifetime, I am once again happy to be falling for an angel.

My phone in my pocket began to vibrate during our kiss. I pulled away reluctantly to check, seeing Mrs. William's number calling. I widened my eyes and answered. "Mrs. Williams?"

"Harry, you need to come back home. Cherry has been crying nonstop for you."

I cursed silently at myself. Why was I being so irresponsible and forgetting about my own child? "Oh my gosh, Mrs. Williams I apologize. Tell Cherry that I will be there really soon." I stood up and ended the call. "Maria, I really have to go."

She nodded as I ran to the bedroom to put my shirt back on. I double-checked to make sure I didn't leave anything behind before walking back to Maria. I wrapped an arm around her waist, planting a small kiss on her lips.

"When can I see you again?" Maria asked me quietly.

"Soon. I will call you. Perhaps Cherry might enjoy seeing you again." I gave her a small smile and kissed her cheek lastly before leaving.