Chapter 6

Glinda woke up to see Elphie waiting for her to wake. "Hey." Said Elphaba softly. Glinda smiled weakly. "Hey." Glinda said. "Elphie- "shhh. I know what your going to say. And no. I don't blame you at all." Said Elphaba .

"Why?" Asked Glinda. "I can't let you feel sorry for yourself." Answered Elphaba. Glinda sat up and hugged Elphaba. Elphaba hugged Glinda back. "I can't let you die for real this time." Said Glinda. "I shouldn't have taken you out yesterday. I'm so sorry Elphie." "Glinda, I'm not angry." Said Elphaba.

"Your not?"

"No."

Glinda smiled. "Elphie, what are we going to do?" Glinda asked. "Maybe I should leave Oz." answered Elphaba. "Elphie, please no not again." Said Glinda in a firm voice. "Glinda, listen, if the Ozians find out you've been hiding me here, they'll hurt both of us. More importantly you." Said Elphaba.

"They can do what they wish with me. But if I know one thing Elphaba Thropp, they will not lay a finger on you as long as I'm alive." Said Glinda even firmer. "I know you'll try to protect me Glinda, but I'm not going to let them hurt you in the process!" Said Elphaba.

"Elphie." Said Glinda. "No Glinda." Said Elphaba. "But Elphie you can't leave. Not again! Please Elphie." Said Glinda crying all over again. "Glinda don't cry. I have to leave for your own good. Fiyero said that if I wanted you to be safe, I wasn't supposed to tell you." Said Elphaba.

"Elphie, please. Whatever you do just don't leave." Said Glinda. "I have to Glinda." Said Elphaba. "But Elphie." Said Glinda. "No buts Glinda, your like a sister to me but for your safety, I have to go." Said Elphaba.

Glinda had a tear coming down her face. "One last hug before you go?" Asked Glinda crying. "Of course Glinda." Said Elphaba. Glinda hugged Elphaba tight. "GLINDA!!! OPEN UP!!!!" The Ozians yelled. "Glinda come with me." Said Elphaba.

"Elphie, if I stay here, you can go." Said Glinda. "Glinda I will not have you get hurt!" Yelled Elphaba. The Ozians heard what Elphaba said. "GLINDA HAS ELPHABA!!!!!!" The Ozians yelled. "GET THEM BOTH!!!!" The Ozians yelled.

"Elphie go." Said Glinda. "Glinda no. I'm. Not letting you stand through this alone." Said Elphaba. Glinda told Elphaba again to get to safety. Right when Elphaba was about to leave Ozians were in Glinda's room in a snap.

The Ozians grabbed Elphaba and held Glinda back. They took Elphaba and Glinda in the middle of town.