Chapter Four: Rude Half-Demons

Mitsuke’s POV

        Damn it! The bastard got away. I watched as the miasma disappeared leaving me facing an empty clearing, where my opponent once stood. I clenched my fists tightly. Ge had hurt Rin and thought he could get away with it. How dare he?! The arrogance of that demon to joke when I asked him if he had hurt her. I shall see that he meets his end, but first I must deal with the matters at hand.

I could feel my whole body tremble in anger at the thought of that demon and I needed to calm down. I haven’t lost control of my emotions in a long time, but with what day it is and Rin being in danger I should guess it would be no surprise. It seems that whatever it is with Rin, my emotions get scattered like dust in a wind storm, and I give myself away too much. I’m all over the place. I took deep breaths and slowly turned around to face the spectators who watched my short fight with the demon.

        They were all stunned, eyes wide with fear and shock, at least the half-demon and his companions were. Rin already knew what damage I was capable of and the dog demon though he appeared indifferent about the situation, I could tell he was slightly impressed and for that, I felt pleased. I wanted him to be impressed with me, though I couldn’t explain why. I raised an eyebrow at them.

“Is there a problem?” I asked. My question coming out harsh from the anger I still felt. The half demon and his humans quickly recovered.

“No, no. Thank you so much for your assistance.  I’m Kagome” The priestess began to speak but was quickly interrupted by the half-demon.

“Who the hell are you?” he demanded.

I raised an eyebrow again. He dared asked, no demanded to know who I was? I never answered questions when they were demanded  and I wasn’t about to start to now.

“Hmmm, so not only is he a weak half-demon, he is also rude.” I thought

I had quickly glanced over him before, but I had time to look at him now. I studied him for a second. He had long white hair and dog ears on top of his head. Yellow eyes, rather sharp canines and suprisingly he wore the robe of the fire rat.

Not all that impressive, though if I looked closer I could see that he held some semblance to the dog demon. Hmm a half-demon and a full demon. Wonder what their story is.

“Hey you gonna answer or are you just gonna stand there?” the half-demon rudely called.

No point in teaching him a lesson in manners, that poison would surely kill him. Although it carried the basic poison of the insects, it was mixed with the saliva of the Jinjisutou, an ancient breed of demons that were responsible for plagues and famine. Those demons rarely show themselves, so it’s quite impressive that the demon was able to gather their saliva. Not only are they hard to find, but they are near impossible to kill. The only way they could be killed is by another of their breed or by my swords.

I finally decided to answer the question, as they stood in the clearing waiting for my answer.

“Mitsuke” I replied icily. “And you are?”

        Before he could answer, the priestess interrupted

“Sit boy!” she commanded and the half-demon’s body crashed into the ground. I smirked a little, serves him right. I may like this priestess after all.

“I’m sorry he’s so rude. As I was saying before. Hello, I’m Kagome, that’s Inuyasha” she gestured to his body twitching slightly on the ground.

“Watch it! I’m still injured remember!” he snapped.

“Well if you weren’t rude, I wouldn’t have had to. Anyways, this is Sango and Miroku” she introduced the young girl who was a demon slayer and a monk.