Chapter Six: Deadly Emotions

Mitsuke POV

I could tell that the others were anxious to find out more about me, but it wasnt any of thier concern. If anything, they needed to tell me why they were in my territory. Not only I am the general of the Eastern lands, but I also am the rightful owner of them as well. 

"Why are you in the eastern lands?" I questioned out loud. Though I was looking at Rin, everyone got the hint that it was directed at them to answer.

"None of your business" Inuyasha snapped. 

I had just about enought of his rude behavior. It was time i revealed a little something about myself. I quickly got infront of him and grabbed his neck, lifting him up in the air and chocking him.

"Listen here good, Mutt. You are in my territory. As general of the East, these are my lands to protect, so if I ask your purpose in my area, you will answer me or you will suffer for your insubordination.!" I growled as I tightened my grip."Dont forget that I can kill you and your friends before you even realize you're dead." 

I quickly threw him across the clearinng, just as Kagome stood up and pointed her arrow at me. I sighed and she shoot the arrow at me. She had immense spiritual powers and very good aim. Had I been a weaker demon, I wouldve been severely injured but instead I caught the arrow between my fingers and broke it with a snap.

"You have a lot of spiritual power for one so young. Such a shame, I'll have to kill you now." I said coldly  as I began to advance to Kagome but before I could take a step, a pair of delicate small arms wrapped around my waist and a head was buried in my stomach.

"Please dont hurt them" Rin pleaded softly, with tears threatening to spill from her eyes at any moment.

I quickly got out of my stance to attack and hugged Rin back. 

"If you dont want me to, I wont." I said, kneeling down and looking Rin in her eyes.

She smiled at me and I returned it, knowing my eyes were flashing a bright green. I could never go against Rin. I was a fearful and extremely powerful half-demon, with demons in both the East and West fearing my name, yet I was powerless against a mere human child.

Rin was without a doubt my only weakness and I had to make sure no other demon discovered this, because gods help the stupid demon who thinks that they could get to me by harming Rin. I'm sure I would destroy anyone in my path to get to them. It was strange. Rin is probably the weakest one among us, uet she hold the most power because she has me under her control. Fate is confunding.

Kagome's POV

I knew the moment I shot the arrow, that I could possibly die but I couldnt let her hurt Inuyasha anymore. I waited for the inevitable blow to kill me but I was surprised to find Mitsuke stop on her way to attack me, and hug Rin. What was even more shocking was how she told Rin, she wouldnt harm us, if she didnt want her to.

It's quite obvioius, Mitsuke cares for Rin a lot. I can tell just from this short meeting, she would've killed us all the moment Inuyasha tried to fight her but it seemed with Rin here, she didnt want to put here in any danger or upset her in anyway.

How strange. In a way, she reminded me of Sesshomaru. Both were incredibly powerful warriors who could slaughter hordes of demons with just one flick of their wrists and both had an icy demonar that could freeze even the warmest heart, yet they both crumple to Rin's wishes. Mitsuke was more obvious about her affection, but it wasnt hard to catch Sesshomaru's concern for Rin.

I quicky rushed to Inuyasha's side. He was in really bad condition. The poisoin was spreading faster and the recent hits he recieved from Mitsuke were increasing the strain on his body. I felt his forehead and immediately drew back, clutching my hand to my body. He was really hot. So hot that my hand had minor burns. This was really bad. I had never encountered this poision before.  Even though it was from Naraku's poisionous insects, there was something else mixed in there. Something that was slowly killing Inuyasha and in that moment I realized, I couldnt save him.