Chapter Five: What is she?

3rd POV

Everyone in the clearing stared at the woman before them. She was powerful without a doubt, but yet you couldnt sense it from her. She was gorgeous as well, but her icy demeanor kept them at bay. And her eyes would often flash a color whenever she seemed to experience an emotion, though no one could tell what she was; a demon? human? preistess?

The questions buzzed in the heads of all except Rin who looked upon the woman she loved as tenderly as a child would love their mother. Only she knew what the young woman was, but she wouldnt tell anyone, not even her lord. She had grown incredibly close with Mitsuke since their first encounter and she would do anything for her. 

Sesshomaru looked at the woman suspiciously.

"It was impossible for a human to wield the Tetsuaiga. They would be too weak, but a demon couldnt weild the sword eiether. The sword wouldve transformed back. She could be a half-demon like Inuyasha, but I dont detect any signs of human blood in her." Sesshomaru pondered in his mind.

"Who is this Mitsuke, that wields such power that cant be detected,yet can cause unimaginable destruction. Who moves so quickly, yet appears to be human? And most importantly, what is her connection to Rin?" Sesshomaru thought silently as he observed Rin interact with the woman. His eyes narrowed as Rin began to walk to her.

Mitsuke turned and quickly picked up Rin and lifted the sleeve of her kimono. Her eyes flashed a bright blue before  turning violet again. 

"Does it hurt, Rin?" Mitsuke asked softly.

Rin nodded her head, while tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

"Dont worry, I'll take the pain away" Mitsuke tried to comfort Rin as she placed her hands over the cut Naraku made. Her hands glowed a bright blue and then stopped.

"Better?" She asked Rin, who lifted her sleeve to see not only her wound gone but also the cut in her kimono was fixed as well. Everyone around was once again astounded, with one question banging against their mind; What is she?