Required Marriage

Jim fixed his hair and stared at his reflection as he tightened his tie. His mother stared at his reflection and smiled.

"You look great, son." She stated and made him turn to her. "She's probably gonna fall in love with you the moment she sees you." She added.

He chuckled to hear his mother's praises again. "Thanks, mom. But I don't even know her." He replied.

"We'll, she's a great girl. Very beautiful, very smart, very attractive. Barry has been your father's great friend, I'm sure he raised her up well. You'll like her, don't worry... She won't be like Kaley." She assured and smiled at him proudly.

Mayim had her hair curled in loose and soft curls. She laid down on her bed painstakingly after she wore her black halter cocktail dress with a short length skirt loosely grasping her body and rising up few inches above her knees.

"Honey, your hair might be messed up

"Honey, your hair might be messed up." Her mom made her sit up on the bed. She sighed as she looked at her. "Do I really have to go?" Mayim asked.

"Yeah. But don't worry, I'm sure you're gonna love him. He is very good looking, gentleman and he is very smart and disciplined. Just the perfect one for you." She enlightened her.

Mayim kept her unamused face as she sincerely didn't like the whole idea of having her marry someone she barely even know.

"Come on, honey. Lighten up." She cheered for her. "How about... Do you remember when you were young? You use to have him as your playmate, right?" She reminded her happily.

"Yeah... But I was four and he was like five that time or I don't know. I don't even remember those times." Mayim retorted. Her mother sighed as she watched her daughter frown.

"Lighten up, honey. Don't make that beautiful face be frowning the whole night." She stood up and walked towards the door. "Fix yourself already, Jack, Judy and Jim might be arriving in an hour." Mayim nodded as her mother instructed her before she left the room.

She sighed as she was left alone. She grabbed her phone and looked at her photos with her current boyfriend, Ryan, that she has been keeping from her parents for a few months already. She knew they wouldn't like him for her as he didn't come from a wealthy family like them. Ryan was just a son of an office clerk, despite that he isn't actually considered as poor, his level of living is way behind Bialik family's league.

She haven't told Ryan about the fixed marriage yet as she didn't have much courage to confess and hurt him, however, she planned to meet him soon in order for her to tell him about it as she hated lying to him.

Jim arrived at the Bialik's residence with his parents with him. Barry, Beverly and their house helpers warmly welcomed them inside. They exchanged greetings and conversations as they all settled in the living room.

"So... Where is Mayim?" Jack asked. "Oh, she's probably upstairs fixing herself. She wants to look nice for Jim." Barry teased. "Polly, can you tell Mayim to go down already?" Beverly asked the house helper.

Polly immediately went up and called Mayim. "Alright." She replied and fixed her looks for the last time before she went out and go downstairs to join the company.

"Aah... Such a beautiful young lady." Judy sounded so amused upon seeing her. She immediately greeted them politely. She kissed Judy's cheek and shook Jack and Jim's hand before having a seat beside Jim.

"Look at the two of you. Very beautiful couple." Judy sounded so dreamy. "I know! I can imagine how beautiful our grandchildren will be." Beverly grilled in making them laugh.

"Mom..." Mayim uttered making them chuckle. Jim looked at her while their parents were busy talking to each other.

"You look beautiful." He complimented. "Thanks. You look wonderful too." She replied awkwardly.

Jim and Mayim didn't talk very much during the whole evening. Their parents talked for them as they all discussed the details of the fixed marriage making it sound like they were the ones getting married and not Jim and Mayim. Hence, the two just listened and signed the necessary papers.

"So probably the wedding would be around late January so we can have their honeymoon on February..."

"... Their house would be the Malibu mansion..."

"Pre-nup... Reception... Marriage contract..."

They just quietly listened to them setting everything up for them like they had no choice but to agree.

Few moments later, they had their dinner together, Mayim and Jim remained seated next to each other awkwardly as they really didn't feel any attachment for each other despite that they are getting married soon.

Jim kissed her hand before they bid goodbyes. "It was nice meeting you, Mayim." He uttered. "Same. You too." She replied and smiled at him.

How come I don't feel any attraction for her. Can I really marry someone I am not fascinated with?