Entry 10 - All Is Fair in Love and War

Welcome back, my darling subjects.

Today's entry is an itinerary, because like any good war, mine against Hayden can be mapped out, most of which will be right here.

The beginning was two days ago, around 11:46, The Declaration.

You all know what happened. Hayden, (or otherwise known as trashy blonde tramp), officially declared her mission against me to be queen. I laid out the foundations for our war, and she agreed.

8:22 a.m - Initiation

Earlier yesterday morning, I walked down my hallway and stopped in right front of Hayden. One of my girls slammed her locker shut and she faced me with annoyance.

"What?" Hayden snapped.

I smiled. "I wanted to give you my personal welcome to your first day in Hell. Oh, and I wanted to see if you were dressed as terribly as I imagined."

Her jaw clenched. "And?"

"And I was completely right. The seventies called, they want their outfit back."

Hayden rolled her eyes and tried to shove past us. "I'm not in the mood for your childish little antics."

I sidestepped and blocked her. "Anyways, back to my personal welcome, usually girls new to the inner circle are given an iced latte their first day. But since you're not exactly joining, I figured this called for a special circumstance."

I snapped my fingers as Hayden's eyes widened and all five girls each poured an iced coffee over her head. Hayden's jaw dropped as she stood dripping wet.

"Welcome to Jefferson!" I cheered before walking away.

10:28 a.m - The Distraction

Later on in the day, Chase caught me in the hallway by the arm. He pulled me off to the side.

"Chase!" I said in surprise. "Hey! You have friends that are popular, right?"

He paused, then gave me a strange look. "What?"

I patted his arm. "I'm trying to destroy someone's social life. I wouldn't expect you to understand."

He shook his head. "Whatever. Have you been avoiding me?"

"No, of course not. Why would you think that?" I asked evasively.

He studied me. "I thought you said you had fun. Did I do something wrong?" He paused in realization. "Was it because I came on too strong?"

"No! No, that's not it. I've just been really busy with school and stuff---"

"I get it," Chase cut me off. "You're saying I'm going to have to try a lot harder to win you over for this bet, right?"

My mouth snapped in surprise over the reminder of the bet and I canceled whatever I was going to say. "Sure. Right."

He leaned against a locker and considered me. "You're one of those girls who like romance, right?"

I narrowed my eyes. "What do you have in mind, Reynolds?"

"It's a surprise," he winked. "Because I'm romantic like that."

I laughed. "Sure, okay bad boy."

Chase grabbed my hand and kissed it before I could protest. "See you Friday, ice princess."

I snatched my hand back, but Chase simply grinned and walked away.

One of my girls found me standing stupidly by myself in the hallway. Savannah scowled. "Come on, Claire! We have a whole day of schemes planned."