Confessing you his love

Your POV:
It's new year's eve. You and some friends were invited by Martin to join him at his set in Dubai, where he will play 3 hours long.
You and Martin have been friends for ages, but you definitely started feeling more for him. Since you don't know what he feels for you, you've decided not to tell anything.
It would be too risky, because you might ruin your friendship with him.

Currently Martin is playing his set in the Meydan. The atmosphere is amazing, you are surrounded by partying people, the music is amazing and the fireworks have already started. After dropping Tremor, Martin starts playing something more sentimental, what surprises you. It's actually a song he just finished producing with Ed Sheeran, called Rewind Reapeat it. You haven't heard the song yet, that's why you love it even more.

If the world ends tonight
You'll be in my arms
We'll be frozen in time
Underneath the stars
My lungs are screaming
This heart is bleeding
I love this feeling
So rewind, repeat it, the refrain comes on giving you goose bumps all over your body.
All people turned the light of their cell phone on, making the venue turn into a sea of lights.
You look to the stage, where you find Martin singing to the song along. Seeing him on stage makes you feel so proud as you know how much effort he puts into it.
During the refrain you spot him pointing at somebody in your direction with a smile on his face.
Does he look at me, you ask yourself.
It appeares that he pointed at you, but as Ella (Martin's friend, Ella van Wilsum) is standing next to you, you cannot really tell.

The whole concert long you were asking yourself if he looked at you. It became even more weird as he looked again in your direction while playing his remix of Can't feel my face.
What did he mean with this?
Why was he looking like that?
Maybe he looked at Ella like this. She is really pretty though, he surely has a crush on her, you think, what makes you sad.
Why should he like me, I am nothing special compared to Ella or all the other girls Martin is friends with.

Even though you are not really in a good mood, you try to act happy for Martin and all the others. It's a special night though, a night to celebrate another successfully accomplished year.
Martin's set just finished, it was mind blowing. Martin already went off stage, but the people kept on cheering. They surely wanted to hear one more song.

"Girls, let's go backstage!", Louis tells to Ella and you, trying to get a hold of your hands.
The venue is very crowded, that's why Louis wants to hold your hands. Martin would probably kill him for losing one of you two in the mass. Thankfully Louis, Ella and you manage to get backstage, even if it was a real fight.

"Y/N, do you want something to drink?", Watse asks getting a glas for you.
"Yes, please.", you answer with a smile and take the glass of champagne. While you sit on the couch you watch Martin whispering something into Ella's ear.
What are they talking about?
He surely wants to tell her something special.
You try to ignore him and sip on your champagne, making you feel more relaxed. After a while you see Martin and Ella leaving the backstage room, the sight literally breaks your heart. You feel your eyes watering, it can't get worse. Since you don't want to cry in front of the others you decide to go a little bit outside...

Martin's POV:
"Hey, can we talk?", I ask Ella quietly.
"Uhm, yeah sure what is it?", she asks looking at me confused.
"It's...", I try to continue, but the words just won't come out.
"Ahhh, I know.", she tells rolling her eyes.
Ella is like a sister to me. There is barely a thing she doesn't know about me.
Even though she knows about me having a crush on Y/N, it's always hard to talk about her when she's around me.
"Come.", Ella says pulling me to the exit.
Before leaving the backstage room I catch a glimpse of Y/N looking at us, but she averts her gaze quickly as our eyes meet each other.

"Okay Martijn, what's the matter? Is it about Y/N?", I just nod in response.
"Okay and what do you want to talk to me about?"
"I don't know what to do. It's just so hard to be around her and not knowing what she thinks of me.", I tell scratching the back of my neck.
"Well there are only two options.", she introduces placing her hand on my shoulder.
"Either you tell her what you feel or you don't and you will never know what she feels for you.", she says giving me a serious look.
"I don't think that you can go on like this for too long. It will always haunt you.", she continues and she's right.
I tried to stop catching feelings for her, but I couldn't. Every time I would see her I would start catching those feelings again.
"You are right. But what if she doesn't feel the same?"
"Then you have to take it as it is. If you wait for too long she will maybe find somebody else."
"Thank you."
"For what?", she smiles.
"That you always help me."
"No problem, that's what friends are for.", she responds and pulls me in a hug. We remain in this position as Ella suddenly tries to pull out of my embrace.
"What's wrong?", I ask looking at her.
Her eyes are fixated on something behind me. I turn around to find Y/N walking somewhere quickly away...

Your POV:
The warm breeze calmed you a little bit down, it's incredibly hot here in Dubai.
Even the nights are extreme. You are really glad that you put a short dress on tonight otherwise you would have died of the heat. After some time of walking you are close to the backstage area again. As you want to enter the backstage area you spot Martin and Ella hugging each other. Both seem to be very close to each other.

I knew it. Why should he look at me?
It was Ella, he likes her and not me.

You feel the tears welling up in the rim of your eyes. All your hopes are gone, you can't stand it here looking at the two. Seeing the one you like so much with somebody else.
Before the first tear falls you already turn around to walk away. You don't think about where to go, you just make your way through the people.
As you run into a guy he says something to you, but you ignore it. You just don't give a fuck.
You have already left the mass of people, arriving at a more calm place as you suddenly feel a firm grip around your hand, which scares you to death. As the person turns you around you feel more helpless than ever before, but you recognize the person and your fears start to fade away. It's Martin.

His eyes are fixated on you, it's one of the rare moments that he looks so focused at you.
You can't really tell what's going on, you just know that you are crying.
Yeah, crying in front of him, but you don't care.
As a sob makes its way up you find his gaze softening. He cups your face with his warm hands, wiping the tears with his thumbs away.
This situation makes your heartbeat fasten in the blink of an eye. His hands remain on your face, his eyes connected with yours.

What the heck is going on? Some minutes ago he was with Ella and now?! I don't get it.

Before you can figure out what is happening, his lips are already crushed against yours.
With one of his hands he pulls you closer, making your stomach flutter. Hesitatingly you wrap your arms around his neck, but you do it and in the end you don't regret it at all.
It feels really good though.

After a while you back off as your mind takes over again.
"Martijn, what is going on?", you ask totally confused.
"Damn...Y/N...I know I should have been honest from the beginning on.", he sighs getting a hold of your hands.
"What do you mean?"
"I...I am in love with you. I don't know what you feel, but I just had to tell you this."

What?! Did he really say that? Can't be right. This is surely just a dream, you think, but he is standing in front of you. He is here and he really said it.
Suddenly you really don't know how to react, instead you kiss him again.
You let go of everything, there is only him and you.

After a while Martin places one of his hands on your chin to look at you.
"Does that mean that you love me too?", he wonders, the surprise in his voice more audible than ever before.
"Yes Martijn, I do.", you tell making him smile in a way you have never seen him before.

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading my imagines and voting on them. This means so much to me😭❤️ AND OMG I AM GOING TO ULTRA EUROPE THIS YEAR😍🙌🏽 I AM SO EXCITED!!!😂😍